Did they get rid of teleport pipes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Well, did they? I think i'm using the right recipe (diamond gear+glass+diamond gear) but it won't work. Granted, i'm having trouble with some items being uncraftable, but AFAIK it only applies to IC items. What gives?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Probably when an OFFICIAL release happens with additional pipes. What is wrong with your NEI?

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
You know the screen that's supposed to appear when you look at your inventory, that lets you search through the items? Well... it won't for me.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
@Flip + maylith, i've tried everything I can think of to fix NEI, but nothing worked; i'll just have to hope it gets fixed in a later version of FtB. TDK, How would I go about adding the mod to the pack?

ashvandle

Jul 29, 2019
go into the config folder, delete the config file for NEI and start up your launcher, it should reset NEI and it will show, thats what fixs mine when it doesnt show

TDKPyrostasis

Jul 29, 2019
@Flip + maylith, i've tried everything I can think of to fix NEI, but nothing worked; i'll just have to hope it gets fixed in a later version of FtB. TDK, How would I go about adding the mod to the pack?
Find the correct version of additional pipes depending on the version your running (1.4.2 or 1.4.5) then add it to your mods directory locally and on your server. restart, check for errors and then your good to go.

If you get errors you'll need to make sure your using the right version but overall its not too complicated. I've added both additional pipes and wireless redstone on my server. Let me know if you have issues.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Find the correct version of additional pipes depending on the version your running (1.4.2 or 1.4.5) then add it to your mods directory locally and on your server.

Come again? How do I do all of this? (I'm not on a server BTW, this is for SSP).

@ashvandle: Thank you :) This worked perfectly, now its as it should be. However, two things: I briefly noticed that in the console that appears while the game is loading, it said somethign about NEI, and that a folder was missing, and that it could cause stability issues. Is this anything to worry about? Also, weirdly, it won't appear while in fullscreen. I can expand the game window until its fullscreen and its fine, but if I click the fullscreen button it disappears. Very strange, I don't see how this should make any difference.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
For FTB beta pack you want to go here, and download the file that ends in 0.9.3.52.jar
fire up the FTB launcher and chose the FTB beta pack.
Hit the button labeled edit modpack (just above the modlist)
in the new window press the add mod button. (bottom right)
Find the jar file you downloaded from the build repository and chose open.
Close the window and fire up the game. should work fine now unless there is an ID conflict.
if you haven't added any other mod's to the pack manually then there should be no ID conflicts at all.

oh wait.. I dont think teleport pipes are actually in the 1.4.2 version of ABO.
So no luck there. :oops:

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, ABO is different. Additional Pipes for Logistics Pipes is the one that has the teleport pipes. I have it for 1.4.2 and 1.4.5 but for the life of me I cannot find where I nabbed it from. Google searches for Minecraft mods are rife with spam sites so it takes a bit of serendipity to actually fine a legitimate link. Doesn't help that Minecraftforums are also so rife with cruft. :(

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, ABO is different. Additional Pipes for Logistics Pipes is the one that has the teleport pipes. I have it for 1.4.2 and 1.4.5 but for the life of me I cannot find where I nabbed it from. Google searches for Minecraft mods are rife with spam sites so it takes a bit of serendipity to actually fine a legitimate link. Doesn't help that Minecraftforums are also so rife with cruft. :(

It used to be in ABO. I think Flow86 gave up on it tho so it got forked over to additional pipes. but the original additional-pipes isn't properly updated to 1.4.x at all.
I dunno if there are other forks out there that might be more up to date. all this switching back and forth between mod developers makes for a really messy situation.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps this is what you wanted (phased/teleport pipes)?
https://github.com/tcooc/AdditionalPipesBC
It seems to have a few conflicts with Additional Buildcraft Objects and Valve Pipes, so check your setups.
I'ma test that one out. I need those valve pipes. I just hate having redstone engines all over the place in my liquid management systems.

Just tested. this fork works fine alongside the ABO version i linked above. giving all of the wanted functionality of having teleport pipes for both items and liquids.
Didn't find any ID conflict with the ABO pipes either. remember to download the correct version for FTB tho. and not the latest one unless you are running the magic pack.

boborene

Jul 29, 2019
I'ma test that one out. I need those valve pipes. I just hate having redstone engines all over the place in my liquid management systems.

Just tested. this fork works fine alongside the ABO version i linked above. giving all of the wanted functionality of having teleport pipes for both items and liquids.
Didn't find any ID conflict with the ABO pipes either. remember to download the correct version for FTB tho. and not the latest one unless you are running the magic pack.

Can we have a version of what files you installed? (or links)

joseff amador

Jul 29, 2019
You know the screen that's supposed to appear when you look at your inventory, that lets you search through the items? Well... it won't for me.

I could be wrong, but I think your GUI scale needs to be set to anything other than "Auto". Go into in-game minecraft video options, and check.