Did the recipe for 2xIns Gold Cable change?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, from that page:

Since Minecraft 1.6 and IndustrialCraft2 Experimental the cable's maximum voltage has been increased to 512 EU/p, or High Voltage. In addition, the option for single insulation has been removed and the double insulated cable is now simply called "Insulated Gold Cable".

So, if you were trying to look for 2x insulated gold cable in NEI, you wouldn't find it as it doesn't exist. The 2 rubber and 1 uninsulated cable should do the trick though.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
2x ins gold cable doesn't exist in Monster (or more accurately, doesn't exist in Industrial Craft 2 Experimental mod any longer).

I think Modular Power Suit requires some? I know I had trouble with a bunch of IC2exp stuff when trying to make my MPS armor.

What did I do? I went to creative mode (/gamemode 1) and "created" whatever I couldn't craft. If you're on a SMP server, I dunno, talk to the person who runs it?

The IC2exp people are aware, but they claim it isn't their problem, it's the problem of the MPS mod people. I can understand that, but welcome to FTB mod world which can be frustrating to deal with sometimes.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
The IC2exp people are aware, but they claim it isn't their problem, it's the problem of the MPS mod people. I can understand that, but welcome to FTB mod world which can be frustrating to deal with sometimes.

Don't blame IC2 for anything because it is not their fault about the recipe. IC2 will not go out of their way to change a recipe in another mod that uses it's parts. That would ruin IC2 licensing and make a whole other branch of updating for them.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Don't blame IC2 for anything because it is not their fault about the recipe. IC2 will not go out of their way to change a recipe in another mod that uses it's parts. That would ruin IC2 licensing and make a whole other branch of updating for them.

Not blaming anyone, its just very frustrating for the players who get caught in the middle of this sort of thing. The obvious solution is "don't use materials from other mods" but the beauty of FTB is how all these mods "work together" to form a whole that is much greater than the sum of its parts. That's why we love FTB. The FTB team gets it 99.99% right, so I realize this is being ultra picky and I'll quit while I'm behind. :)

Or use the alternate recipe based on TE.

Pretty much every module for the suit has two recipes now.

Except for the part the OP is talking about that requires 2x insulated gold cable. There is no alternate recipe, I had to go to creative mode to obtain it.

Halos1518

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to bump an old thread but i have encountered the same problem and i dont know how i'd be able to spawn some in. I made a world with cheats disabled (although i can start a lan serer with them enabled) but i dont know how id obtain it.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I dont remember anything in MPS requiring insulated cable. Uninsulated, yes. but theres alternate recipes for everything in that mod, I only use the IC2 gold cable ones because its a lot cheaper than the one that requires copper and silver ingots.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
The advanced solar panel (forget the exact name, can't check since at work) requires the 2x cable, and doesn't have an associated TE recipe. I believe it's from an MPS addon mod, not sure.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Except for the part the OP is talking about that requires 2x insulated gold cable. There is no alternate recipe, I had to go to creative mode to obtain it.
From the default mod config in Monster 1.1.1:

Code:
    B:"Gregtech Recipes"=false
    B:"IndustrialCraft Recipes"=true
    B:"Thermal Expansion Recipes"=false
    B:"Universal Electricity Recipes"=false
    B:"Vanilla Recipes"=false
A small task to change which recipes the mod should use.

EDIT: gah getting late and didn't notice it was a necro..

Reactions: HopeAndDark

HopeAndDark

Jul 29, 2019
From the default mod config in Monster 1.1.1:

Code:
    B:"Gregtech Recipes"=false
    B:"IndustrialCraft Recipes"=true
    B:"Thermal Expansion Recipes"=false
    B:"Universal Electricity Recipes"=false
    B:"Vanilla Recipes"=false
A small task to change which recipes the mod should use.

EDIT: gah getting late and didn't notice it was a necro..
how do I do that?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
how do I do that?
Ehm wow.

To change the recipe option just open the config file(in notepad or the like) and write "true" instead of false at the option you want. Set the others to false(I would think it gets messed up if multiple are chosen, but it might just show multiple recipes for it. Dunno).