Diamond Generator (Very Cheap)

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by midnighttnt, Apr 16, 2013.

?

Did it work for you?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

26.7%
  3. Im confused...

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. midnighttnt

midnighttnt New Member

I actually didnt do the math.

2. ILoveGregTech

ILoveGregTech New Member

Come on bill gates!

3. midnighttnt

midnighttnt New Member

I posted it really fast... Didn't think much, I was tired.

4. Xeonen

Xeonen New Member

In my survival game, I've had excess wood, around 735 stacks and decided to create a similar system sadly minium stones did not last untill I got a stack of gold, that was quite some time ago. Then again it is good food for thought.

5. ILoveGregTech

ILoveGregTech New Member

xD you know I was kidding right?

6. midnighttnt

midnighttnt New Member

Yep
    Yes, in the video I have a wood one set up already... I used to use that untill I realized I could Cobble--->Flint--->Clay---->Block---->Iron---->Gold---->Diamond it XD

7. midnighttnt

midnighttnt New Member

8. Bagman817

Bagman817 New Member

Almost as bad as IC2 turning a stack of coal into a diamond :p

As an aside, this set up will be impractical in 1.5.1. Drop rate of minium shards has been drastically reduced, and it seems (my impression, not official) that durability of the stone has been reduced as well. By the time you grind enough mobs to make the stones, you could have mined the equivalent in diamonds.

simon48xbox likes this.
  9. ILoveGregTech

ILoveGregTech New Member

Two words:
    Mob farm

10. whizzball1

whizzball1 New Member

Well,there is a bug with Buildcraft Autocrafting tables in which the durability of the Minium Stones is not consumed.

11. midnighttnt

midnighttnt New Member

I tested it out! Cool!
    Mob farms dont drop shards[DOUBLEPOST=1367247282][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If Pahlimar adds EMC... He said he would in the post

12. TDarkShadow

TDarkShadow New Member

Well, thanks to ThaumicBees, you can now have Minium Bees which drops a Minium Shard every 9 mins at normal working speed ^^

13. midnighttnt

midnighttnt New Member

I quickly set that up with some thaumic bees, and also with Auto crafting tables! Videos will be posted soon!

14. dirtybeatfreak

dirtybeatfreak New Member

Completely off-topic and a pointless question so I apologize, but isn't it Pahimar and not Pahlimar?? Not digging at you either midnighttnt, just wondering if I have got it wrong this whole time lol.

15. midnighttnt

midnighttnt New Member

I have no idea

16. casilleroatr

casilleroatr New Member

The mindcrafters are a cool group of people who do occasional videos based off of a tekkit server. I don't know if this is still doable but they set up a mob grinder that generated minium shards which used a modular powersuits railgun inside a redpower deployer that was attached to a universal charger from minefactory reloaded. This setup was attached to the business end of a mobginder (any old one will do) and this produced minium shards. This will probably be viewed by some of you as exploity and you might be right. Pahimar may have coded away this machine in current versions, although it relies on redower which isn't on 1.5 yet so I guess that is another limit. Anyway, it is somewhere on their website if you want to check it out

http://themindcrafters.com/