Demographics for those who play FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SamAndrews

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with: Caucasian

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring: Building Houses/Structures

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: I mostly play on a Single Player world hosted on my LAN with my Fraternity Brothers in the Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity (The long standing stereotypes of all Fraternity men being jocks needs to die one of these years.)

How long have you been playing FTB: Since public launch

odinsembrace

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to get a few more posts if possible! Was hoping to get about 100 responses total Great turn out so far though!
Keep up the good work FTB!

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019

Ridiculous identifier that has been foisted upon me by ignorance and quasi-science's need to label everything even if it tends to be used solely to enforce stereotypes: African American

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); contraptions, building, exploring

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SSP. I was a mod of an smp board but its difficult to deal with "needy" people and incessant questions that can best be answered by a wiki search

How long have you been playing FTB: since launch

Extras: BA Bus Admin, Manager 5+ years in Financial Sales, hate football, love the gym and I love IPAs

Setari

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with: White

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring: Building machines and automating my resource gathering to build awesome stuff to get more resources and get endgame stuff.

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: Both equally, really.

How long have you been playing FTB: Maybe 3 months or so? My forum date is not accurate.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019

What you enjoy most out of the game: Building (automation)

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SSP for the most part

How long have you been playing FTB: Since the FTB update to 1.3

McMutton

Jul 29, 2019

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one): Choose one? You're the Devil! Hmmm...I say: Building something functional and if possible good looking fitting a certain theme. Themes can change when i go to a new building place... (which is my way of saying I enjoy pretty much every part of the game and would hate to lose any single part of it)
Edit: to fit into your survey scheme... I would probably go with "building structures"....and add as a personal note that contraptions are a big part of it for me, but I had to choose :D

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: I say SSP, since my SMP playstyle doesn't really differ from playing SSP. ^^

How long have you been playing FTB: played the FTB map several months before FTB Beta Release, played the most mods already a while before that. (so roughly about a year if you're counting "playing the most mods of FTB" as "playing FTB")

odinsembrace

Jul 29, 2019

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one): Choose one? You're the Devil! Hmmm...I say: Building something functional and if possible good looking fitting a certain theme. Themes can change when i go to a new building place... (which is my way of saying I enjoy pretty much every part of the game and would hate to lose any single part of it)
Edit: to fit into your survey scheme... I would probably go with "building structures"....and add as a personal note that contraptions are a big part of it for me, but I had to choose :D

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: I say SSP, since my SMP playstyle doesn't really differ from playing SSP. ^^

How long have you been playing FTB: played the FTB map several months before FTB Beta Release, played the most mods already a while before that. (so roughly about a year if you're counting "playing the most mods of FTB" as "playing FTB")

As for fitting to the scheme, I will probably end up checking the boxes that closest match what was written, but add comments as I go.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019

What you enjoy most out of the game; building (houses/structures)

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SSP

How long have you been playing FTB: December '12

Herrozerro

Jul 29, 2019

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); building (contraptions/automation)

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SMP Only

How long have you been playing FTB: About a month now, but I've been playing tekkit for about 6 months.

AlphaGhost

Jul 29, 2019

What you enjoy most out of the game: building (contraptions/automation)

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SSP only

How long have you been playing FTB: about a month and a half, but been watching the Mindcrackers and Hermitcrafters play since they first started. Played Technic in May-June 2012 and again in December 2012-January 2013 (my computer didn't want to launch FTB for awhile there so I resorted to Technic Pack). I have been playing Vanilla since Beta 1.7.3 but added mods in shortly after.

EDIT: I forgot to say that I made this forum account just to reply here, but I will use it if I want to reply to other topics as well :D

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with: Caucasoid

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring: Building (contraptions/automation)

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SMP

How long have you been playing FTB: Three months, roughly

odinsembrace

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: I forgot to say that I made this forum account just to reply here, but I will use it if I want to reply to other topics as well :D

Glad I could help the forum community get another member![DOUBLEPOST=1360961033][/DOUBLEPOST]I will be doing final results for this post Sunday 2.17.13 Last chance to get your post in!

Lordhasta

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with: Caucasian, I guess

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring: Mostly building (contraptions/ automation)

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: Mostly SMP but just with friends.

How long have you been playing FTB: Since december 2012, I was already familiar with Tekkit.

Ziairi

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with:

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one): Only one? I have to say, I enjoy all of them pretty equally. I guess I'll go with building (contraptions/automation)

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SSP. I've tweaked my configs and added a few other mods, so I can't play SMP.

How long have you been playing FTB: I've played FTB since public release, but I had been playing with mods before then.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring: I split my time between contraptions and structures. My contraptions are better, though.

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SSP, because, like Ziairi, I prefer to adjust configs and add extra mods to the pack. I might give SMP another go once EE3 is fully released.

How long have you been playing FTB: Since the beta, though I put a very FTB-like pack together for myself prior to FTB's release.

SeriousBilly

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with:White

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring:
Building contraptions, and automation, the majority of my machines are as automated as can be

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP:SMP, I play a 20 slot FTB server, Running the Mindcrack pack, Gregtech hard.

How long have you been playing FTB: Around 3 months, I'm currently on my 4th map, I've been playing this one for around 2 months

Random information.
I'm really enjoying ftb, and I really like gregtech, It helps me enjoy the game for as long as possible, I've tried the computer craft stuff, But the lua just confuses me :L. Hopefully one day i'll understand it.

Catfather12

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with: white

What you enjoy most out of the game: automating processes on LAN with my wife, hunting mobs with my 7 year-old son

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SMP on LAN until my brother-in-law sets up the small server

How long have you been playing FTB: since the launcher started, used to use tekkit

Other: family medicine physician with no coding background who is learning java. Someday i'll make a mod...(looks wistfully at sunset). Also agree with RedBoss about the IPAs