Demographics for those who play FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012

Race you identify with: Human (I find race/ethnicity to be such a pointless distinction these days, especially for an informal survey like this, so I often refuse to answer unless required to)

What you enjoy most out of the game: building machines, automation, etc. My goal tends to be to build complicated machines that that require as little manual maintenance as possible. I also enjoyed just building my house on my most recent world, as it's the first time I avoided building 9x9s and went for something much more pretty-looking.

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SSP, mostly because I'm a wuss who plays on easy and I sometimes even switch to peaceful when I don't want to be interrupted during a mining excursion. I also like to customize the mods I play with (such as adding in the unofficial Logistics Pipes port).

How long have you been playing FTB: Since the very beginning, the first day the launcher was publicly available. And I've been using most of the mods in the FTB packs since long before that. This is the first time I've used a modpack though.

odinsembrace

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with: Human (I find race/ethnicity to be such a pointless distinction these days, especially for an informal survey like this, so I often refuse to answer unless required to)

What you enjoy most out of the game: building machines, automation, etc. My goal tends to be to build complicated machines that that require as little manual maintenance as possible. I also enjoyed just building my house on my most recent world, as it's the first time I avoided building 9x9s and went for something much more pretty-looking.

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SSP, mostly because I'm a wuss who plays on easy and I sometimes even switch to peaceful when I don't want to be interrupted during a mining excursion. I also like to customize the mods I play with (such as adding in the unofficial Logistics Pipes port).

How long have you been playing FTB: Since the very beginning, the first day the launcher was publicly available. And I've been using most of the mods in the FTB packs since long before that. This is the first time I've used a modpack though.

Direwolf20's got me hooked on 9x9s too haha. Also its no issue that you don't want to include your race/ethnicity, one of the options I had from the start was to not include it because it really does not play a huge part in the community.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Direwolf20's got me hooked on 9x9s too haha. Also its no issue that you don't want to include your race/ethnicity, one of the options I had from the start was to not include it because it really does not play a huge part in the community.
I know it's not an issue. I saw you mention that earlier. I just wanted to explain why I didn't answer.

All of my bases from 1.1 to 1.2.5 were 9x9s. Even in 1.4, I started with four 9x9s before I got sick of my stone brick walls and decided to build something new. So I dug up a few stacks of clay and built a brick mansion. It's pretty awesome and I've now sworn off 9x9s forever.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with: Caucasian

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring: building contraptions/ automation. Making them as small, compact, and elegant as possible.

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SMP. With Mindcrack hard mode, collaboration is almost essential.

How long have you been playing FTB:3 months roughly; since MindCrack v6