Demographics for those who play FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You can fill 90% of the people with 23 year old white male. But I could add my own, too:

Race you identify with: White

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring: contraptions/automation

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SSP

How long have you been playing FTB: since November which would be 4 months

I don't actually build much contraptions, that was the closest option. I mostly just design stuff and figure out concepts in Creative. The only real automation I have done in survival FTB is the usual scrapbox setup and I don't even play on that world anymore. I never really finish anything.

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring: Mining, building, exploring

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SMP - I play on a server with my two kids (daughter 22, and son 18, and a couple of their friends)

How long have you been playing FTB: Since launch.

It's funny, my kids thought this was a dumb - lego type - block building game that dad was playing. Then I bought them the game for christmas last year. It wasn't long after I had to setup a server so we can all gather and play together. Sort of like a modern day 'game night' with the kids like we used to have when I was a kid. Only now it's with Teamspeak and the internet.

extrem09

Jul 29, 2019

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); building (contraptions/automation)

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: well it used to be ssp but now since i have a server with my friends smp

How long have you been playing FTB: I have been playing the modpack since it came out, I played the first ever map that came out and all of the others, but I have been playing with mods since the first Direwolf20 season

Chapnik

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with: White.

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring: Building automation.

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SMP.

How long have you been playing FTB:Since the release.

odinsembrace

Jul 29, 2019
It's funny, my kids thought this was a dumb - lego type - block building game that dad was playing. Then I bought them the game for christmas last year. It wasn't long after I had to setup a server so we can all gather and play together. Sort of like a modern day 'game night' with the kids like we used to have when I was a kid. Only now it's with Teamspeak and the internet.

I really like this statement, It says something about how the world is changing slowly. When I was young we even sat down and played monopoly or something at the table and sat down to eat dinner every night. As I grew up, it changed to playing world of warcraft over dinner and playing racing games together for a game night. I think I'd like to use this as a quote in my paper!

Reactions: glepet1962

Gerhard

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with: White/Hispanic

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring: Contraptions/Automation

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SMP

How long have you been playing FTB: 3-4 months

Also, OP, I HIGHLY recommend you use an online survey creator to have people fill out the survey for you. It organizes the data for you as well and this way people who aren't on the FTB forums but play FTB can give you data.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with: European

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one): building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), exploring (Can't pick just One)

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: Local SMP (Like others run a server boy comes on occasionaly)

How long have you been playing FTB: 3 mths?

I also was an avid Wow player, played for like six yrs. Got tired of all the BS when it came to Raids etc. Was a hard habit to break. Boy is still playing. Daughter is to unco to play computer games :(
First computer Com64:)

Bobodamonkey

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with: Caucasian

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring: building (houses/structures)

How long have you been playing FTB: Since the beta release of the pack, however many months that is.

Confidential1207

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with:Asian

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one): adventuring/exploring:

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SSP Cant handle the lack of resources without traveling 10000+ blocks

How long have you been playing FTB: Since 1.2.5 version first came out

Wacky Mode-On

Jul 29, 2019

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring: All the above

How long have you been playing FTB: 1 month

Hitmaniac

Jul 29, 2019

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring:

I like building new bases, engineering new contraptions and it is something new to MC.

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: Single Player

How long have you been playing FTB: Maybe a month

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); contraptions/ gregtech

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: smp with a small community

How long have you been playing FTB: since launch

If it's relevant to the study, I have a college education in business but am only working part time currently.

Marshy

Jul 29, 2019

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one): building (contraptions/automation)

How long have you been playing FTB: ~5 months.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting stats here. I assumed I was a fair bit above the average age of a Minecraft/FTB player, but based on the results so far I'm within a year of it.

Most enjoyed aspect of the game: building (contraptions/automation)
Primary game mode: SSP
Length of time playing FTB: ~3 months
Profession: Software development
Hobby: Game development

odinsembrace

Jul 29, 2019

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); contraptions/ gregtech

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: smp with a small community

How long have you been playing FTB: since launch

If it's relevant to the study, I have a college education in business but am only working part time currently.

I've been thinking about adding something about education level to my paper, if enough people add it in I may add it.
Also, I like gregtech, it seems like alot of the people in the community really don't like it. I love the grind and how it makes things a little more difficult

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I like gregtech, it seems like alot of the people in the community really don't like it. I love the grind and how it makes things a little more difficult

Thing is there are people who like the mod Gregtech, but don't like his medling with the other mods. So a simple yes or no to "do you like gregtech" is missleading.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019

Race you identify with:White english

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one); mining, building (houses/structures), building (contraptions/automation), adventuring/exploring: Building (Contraptions/automation)

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP:Smp lately

How long have you been playing FTB:Maybe 9 months? been ages, thats if you mean the map, if you mean modpack, since before the official release ;D

odinsembrace

Jul 29, 2019
Thing is there are people who like the mod Gregtech, but don't like his medling with the other mods. So a simple yes or no to "do you like gregtech" is missleading.
agreed. I remember reading that part now that you said it. I went to make a quarry like normal and when it wouldn't work I just deleted the items required for the old recipe and cheated in a quarry. any more quarries I make though I'll make the new recipe

odinsembrace

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I'd go ahead and post my own here I don't see why I shouldn't be counted as well :D

What you enjoy most out of the game (choose one): Building (contraptions/automation)

Do you play mostly SMP or SSP: SSP (host a LAN for me and my girlfriend)

How long have you been playing FTB: Since Beta release!

Notes: Education level: Junior in college social work program. Currently unemployed.

Very happy with the turn out so far of this post! getting some wonderful information and insight from the community! keep up the good work FTB!