Deer Grinder

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

d1ng0d0g

Jul 29, 2019
After the Bambi Massacre of '13 I decided to report this here.

I'm running version 1.0.1 of Ultimate (on a server) and I had set up a 5x5 pen with sewage collectors (working), a breeder (working too) and a grinder.

Now, since I've explored in many a direction and have found no cows, I grabbed myself a few deer from a nearby twilight forest and use those for my leathery needs.

So, I installed the grinder, plugged it into the power, and realized, that none of the massive quantities of deer there was being killed.

So, just as a kind warning to others. The Mob Grinder from Minefactory Reloaded does not work with deer (in Ultimate 1.0.1)

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I was watching the console whilsts trying to get a 1.5 instance, and the amount if things MFR registered with, was actually insane, like every mod that had a grow able plant, registered, so when it was registering pams mods...
Lets just say the list made me never want to install them. The amount of food is actually insane; why would anyone need that much food.

But basically, that is probably fixed in a later version, and it's unfortunate that your stuck on 1.0.1, due to a server I presume? When so much is added in 1.1.0, or even 1.0.2 for the less adventurous.
PowerCrystals is an amazing author who loves compatibility, and therefore it's surprising this doesn't work.
For now perhaps jump on the turtle bandwagon?

d1ng0d0g

Jul 29, 2019
Well, for me the switch to Ultimate, was to examine the options that Gregtech and MFR offer me. So far, I must admit that I like what I see. I used the direwolf20 pack before. The server itself is my own, but it is hosted by a provider that doesn't use the test versions.

And I don't feel like updating just now. I'll wait until the 1.6 general update. I think.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I was watching the console whilsts trying to get a 1.5 instance, and the amount if things MFR registered with, was actually insane, like every mod that had a grow able plant, registered, so when it was registering pams mods...
Lets just say the list made me never want to install them. The amount of food is actually insane; why would anyone need that much food.
Ah, pams, the bane of farming.

But yeah, it's crazy how compatible it is, heck, it's even compatible with IC2 crops.

Okay, that may not be that surprising, there's way more obscure things it's compatible with.

But think of... the implications.