Deep base ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ryan Mesure

Jul 29, 2019
On my server I am moving my base to about level 6, no real reason just something different. Any ideas how I should hide the shaft down. Right now its inside a huge redwood. I also need some ideas how to escape quickly. I have a jet pack but just in case my nuke plant goes south and need to move quick.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
qCraft is an option for hiding your entrance, as is MFFS. As for a way out, Mystcraft portals, Enhanced Portals 3, Portal Guns, high speed rails, and so on.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Underwater entrances are pretty hard to see if done correctly.

OpenBlocks has a nice elevator block you can use for quick escape.

Reactions: Padfoote

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Redwood? For concealing use the doors made out of it, they are functional and work pretty well as a hidden door

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
If you're on a server and want to hide your base, try having your entrance inside of or near a crappy, poorly hidden newbie-looking base that screams of abandon. An all too obvious "Door in the cliff" entrance, a couple of rooms with Iron Furnaces, chests with some basic loot and a bed. Perhaps even a sign or two warding off intruders with a "plz dont steal anything".

Would-be intruders to your base would find the decoy and hopefully move on. As long as you convince them that there is nothing interesting to see in the area, they would look for your base elsewhere instead.

Reactions: kaiomann

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
If you're on a server and want to hide your base, try having your entrance inside of or near a crappy, poorly hidden newbie-looking base that screams of abandon. An all too obvious "Door in the cliff" entrance, a couple of rooms with Iron Furnaces, chests with some basic loot and a bed. Perhaps even a sign or two warding off intruders with a "plz dont steal anything".

Would-be intruders to your base would find the decoy and hopefully move on. As long as you convince them that there is nothing interesting to see in the area, they would look for your base elsewhere instead.
And then people like me come along and dig out the base and search for secrets
QCraft would be a good idea

krugle

Jul 29, 2019
A big enough base could cause people to lag, which could make them wonder what is going on in the area. Prompt further investigation.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Tends to make people suspicious when a base has barely changed in days / weeks though.

Depends on the server, I guess. Some people make temporary bases, mine a little, build up some loot, then abandon it in favour of someplace better. Other people log on to the server once, play a few hours, and never come back. My idea was to imitate an abandoned base like that.

Reactions: Ryan Mesure

Charax

Jul 29, 2019
Why must there be a shaft down to hide? Make a mystcraft portal in your base, make another on the surface but far away, hide the overworld portal with qcraft blocks & keep a bunch of linking books in your base in an enderchest with a random color combo matched to an end Enderpouch you keep on you. To get to your base someone needs to both have an enderchest with your exact colour code AND needs a mystcraft portal.

Edit: scratch that, they just need the chest combo. Still, it'll be almost impossible to guess

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Edit: scratch that, they just need the chest combo. Still, it'll be almost impossible to guess

Isn't it possible to lock Ender Chests down to one user? And honestly, I think MFFS would be harder to crack than qCraft blocks. The only thing that would possibly be a pain would be the power requirements.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't it possible to lock Ender Chests down to one user? And honestly, I think MFFS would be harder to crack than qCraft blocks. The only thing that would possibly be a pain would be the power requirements.
I think you are talking of vanilla enderchests. E mod versions are server wide

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I think you are talking of vanilla enderchests. E mod versions are server wide

I swear I saw them locked in several videos, such as having triple white being a community chest, but with a personal triple white as well. Something about diamonds being used comes to mind.

Charax

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you can lock down enderchest tbh. You could set up a tesseract to deliver the linking books to only you though.

Once you've set up a camo mffs & all the infrastructure to power it you've basically made a new base already (unless you tesseract in power from the main base, I guess). Depends on just how much you want to hide the base and with what resources.

I kinda like the idea of taking an entire base and storing it In a spatial cell, either temporarily (stealth base!) or transposing it to another dimension entirely (deep dark?)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you can lock down enderchest tbh. You could set up a tesseract to deliver the linking books to only you though.

Once you've set up a camo mffs & all the infrastructure to power it you've basically made a new base already (unless you tesseract in power from the main base, I guess). Depends on just how much you want to hide the base and with what resources.

I kinda like the idea of taking an entire base and storing it In a spatial cell, either temporarily (stealth base!) or transposing it to another dimension entirely (deep dark?)
Then someone goes to deep dadk and sees a crater where your base was.