Decorative blocks

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

omoikane

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to FTB and want to decorate my dwelling. But huge variety of blocks make me confusing which is good for decoration.

So my question is, which blocks are nice for decoration? Specific block name would be appreciated but just name of single mod would be OK.

I'm currently using FTB Unleashed for MC 1.5.2 v1.1.3.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
That is kind of hard without knowing which texture pack you are using. Though I'm not much on decorating and do not use texture packs. The microblocks allow for some good decorations, especially when full blocks would look silly. There is also Bilbilocraft for tables, chairs and such.

omoikane

Jul 29, 2019
That is kind of hard without knowing which texture pack you are using. Though I'm not much on decorating and do not use texture packs. The microblocks allow for some good decorations, especially when full blocks would look silly. There is also Bilbilocraft for tables, chairs and such.
Currently I'm using Soartex.

And microblocks and Bibliocraft...I'll check out. thanks.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to FTB and want to decorate my dwelling. But huge variety of blocks make me confusing which is good for decoration.

So my question is, which blocks are nice for decoration? Specific block name would be appreciated but just name of single mod would be OK.

I'm currently using FTB Unleashed for MC 1.5.2 v1.1.3.

try adding the mod chisel to your modpack, or carpenter's blocks ;)

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a fan of red bricks for a floor, smooth stone walls, and cracked stone bricks for a roof. Red bricks require biomes-o-plenty but you can replace them with wood planks for nice looking floor.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
1.5.2 pack? Railcraft has some lovely decorative blocks you might wanna check out

ciUZijNl.png

Last edited:

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Great blocks are the Tinkerer's Construct and ExtraUtilies mods. Namely those with connected textures. Not sure if they're in 1.5 though.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
chisel from tinker's construct, add in carpenter blocks for them slopes, bibliocraft (and its sister add-ons from forestry and BoP?) for interior, decorative blocks well... we have plenty white skyblocks from BoP, paintable vanilla block support from openblocks, quarried stone by railcraft so is abbysal stone, metallurgy metal bricks, tinker's construct chiseled bricks so is seared stone, thaumic tinkerer smokey quartz, thaumcraft warded glass, MFR stained glass also tinker's construct stained glass, vanilla colored clay, TE for them fluids (energized glowstone +semi filled open blocks tank = win), I find that modpacks also add a dozen of decorative blocks your options become limitless... now if your into using wood you can use forestry and its add-on mod extrabees which adds extratrees which adds wooden patterns and more trees, twilight forest also adds some intuitative blocks that can be used for esthetics as well