December News

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I'll make a bit of an official statement here. It's totally fine if you're looking forward to a new expert pack and are frustrated by it taking so long between infinity expert and this new one. Feedback like that, as long as it's respectfully stated, is useful and absolutely helps us gauge how much interest there is in a new expert pack.

However, we will never give solid release dates on any packs or even promises that they will be released at all. Any statements we put out, official or unofficial, are simply our plans at the time, and those plans can change based on any number of factors, including ones that we can't discuss publicly. So it's possible that we could never give a good reason why a pack was delayed or canceled. I understand how this can be frustrating, but unfortunately it's simply the way this organization works.

We strive to be as open and public as possible, and to stick to our stated plans as much as we can, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Last edited:
S

Speedy_8G

I would just like to say, I am looking forward to the next pack! I run a small population server of about 12 players, we are all eagerly waiting on Continuum! :D

U

unstablecraft

its still possible tho you only have to restart client/server but it still can be done :D

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
its still possible tho you only have to restart client/server but it still can be done :D
The idea was that if the player has to close the game and re open to just do a different pack and that would open up more ways expert up the pack so to speak.

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey what does the peeps at FTB think about the News Mojang is combining the 1.13 and 1.14 updates into a new 1.13 update that includes the Aquatic Update?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I don't know if this question is answerable or not. But, i'm horribly underinformed about upcoming packs.

I am interested in Continuum, which I understand to be essentially the next hard mode pack. I'm just wondering if it's likely to have a quest mode like Infinity has now? And if so, is that likely to be out of the gate?

No big deal if no one has the answer yet, I was just curious. I've never done an expert pack before and I kind of like the idea of something to help guide me through a basic progression at least at first.

I'd try it on Infinity, but... 1.7? ew.. :p

DrDurandal

Jul 29, 2019
Any rough ETC for Continuum? Our server community is debating adopting it, but the timeline is a factor.

Thanks!

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Any rough ETC for Continuum? Our server community is debating adopting it, but the timeline is a factor.

Thanks!
The FTB team doesn't like to give deadlines, rough or otherwise, mostly because they cannot always stick to them (and by that I mean almost never do.)