Decay vs Thaumcraft

TyrusDalet

Jul 29, 2019
Me and my friend were wondering, is Thaumcraft Warded Stone impervious to the effects of Decay? It would make sense as it's "indestructable" But Decay takes over blocks... as we are testing on a server, we'd prefer not to waste resources to find out, so has anyone got any ideas???

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Why not test this in single-player? Then you can do whatever you need for testing purposes :)

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
So you want us to do your testing for you? I thought you didn't want to test on the server because "we'd prefer not to waste resources to find out" - if that was the case, testing locally would be perfect. It wouldn't take any more time, especially as you'd just turn creative mode on, give yourself the stuff necessary, and do it.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Well... Warded stone is coded to not be broken by anything...
And decay is coded to break everything, even stuff that isn't supposed to be broken, soo...

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if it crashes your game and/or breaks the chunk - it probably won't be quite that severe, but just in case I'd reccommend trying it in a separate world.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I was gonna test this out in Creative mode by just dropping a decay block next to a Warded Stone block, but I'm just too busy. Darn.

Reactions: draeath

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
I was gonna test this out in Creative mode by just dropping a decay block next to a Warded Stone block, but I'm just too busy. Darn.
So far from my testing:
Has to be in a Mystcraft age, won't let you place decay in overworked
The decay will eat the stone, but near instantly revert to warded stone. Only happened once, not sure if it will keep doing that or eventually break (I wish I could speed it up)

KaboomHawk

Jul 29, 2019
Here's what I have from my own testing:
-Decay will dissipate without breaking the stone most of the time.
-Otherwise it will clone the warded stone. The cloned stone is sometimes collectable. However, under further testing it is shown that it prevents the original stone and the copied stones from being broken by any wand.
-In order to get this bug- It may happen on its own over a longer stretch of time, (ie. a half hour). However I have seen it happen instantly by placing the blocks in this order:
[Key]
W= Warded Stone
D= Decay
-= Air
_= Any Block

_
W
D
D
-

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Here's what I have from my own testing:
-Decay will dissipate without breaking the stone most of the time.
-Otherwise it will clone the warded stone. The cloned stone is sometimes collectable. However, under further testing it is shown that it prevents the original stone and the copied stones from being broken by any wand.
-
Sounds like the "turtle-placed warded stone isn't collectable" bug.