Whitelist Server Debaubau's FTB Server|FTB Mindcrack|Whitelisted|Mature

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Kreamator

Jul 29, 2019
Are you going to update to v8 Deb?
This was being discussed in a Skype call just before the New World went up, and I think we'd elected to remain in Mindcrack v7 due to either some form of bug or Memory Leak in v8, at least until it's patched.
Sorry if you had plans for v8, but for now you'll have to make do, it seems.

debaubau

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, what Oompa said. The server should be up but it is and will be v7 until v8's problems ae fixed.

Buddykool

Jul 29, 2019
For Rott, -1706, -2260 are coords, nice flat meadows biome. Haven't built anything or really gathered anything yet.

Reactions: debaubau

Oliver_Madly

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there, my IGN is Oliver_Madly, and I've been playing FTB for about a week, I think, after being introduced by Kreamator (Oompakream) and I've been on Minecraft for about a year, being introduced by the same person. Some of my other hobbies are music, bartering IRL, and having a bit of relaxation with freinds.
Again, my IGN is Oliver_Madly, and my age is 54.

debaubau

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there, my IGN is Oliver_Madly, and I've been playing FTB for about a week, I think, after being introduced by Kreamator (Oompakream) and I've been on Minecraft for about a year, being introduced by the same person. Some of my other hobbies are music, bartering IRL, and having a bit of relaxation with freinds.
Again, my IGN is Oliver_Madly, and my age is 54.

Whitelisted!

krisdenmark

Jul 29, 2019
hello my IGN is krisdenmark i have been playing FTB for about 2 months i started playing FTB when my favorite server switch to it i have been playing minecraft for about a year my age is 14 and i hope i get accepted :)

Rage_Pixel

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Deb thought since you haven't been on skype I guess I'd post here. The servers been down since last night and still is. Just wondering I know that you have to work so you probably just haven't had time to check in. And to some of the new people welcome :) Hope to see you on the server soon! :)

Biddly97

Jul 29, 2019
Yes Yes! welcome newcomers!! hope the server gets back up soon, stuck in rainy depressing Seattle at the moment and would love to get some building done. Oh guess this goes out to all the members future and present, I'm in the Army and currently moving my self, wife and all the good stuff, so I won't be on near as much as I would like to, but I will be there for at least a hello, how ya doin as often as I can.

debaubau

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry folks, but FTB requires too much of our time to admin and the server isn't currently serving its main purpose; our streaming. We want to get back to that and have decided to showcase vanilla Minecraft.

We'll be switching to vanilla sometime over the next 48 hours. Once again, sorry all!

Biddly97

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, would like to know if I will still be whitelisted as well, also with switching to Vanilla, will you be running 1.4.7?

Opmis

Jul 29, 2019
Well I am very sad to hear that news. Me and rage have decided to bow out if you are going to vanilla. We both wish to stream but are wanting to stream FTB. It was fun while it lasted and if you ever come back to FTB give us a yell. As for admining the servers I said I would have helped. So please do not whitelist us as we do not wish to occupy spots you can give to others.

Kreamator

Jul 29, 2019
I like how you apparently shut down the server the very minute me and Oliver decided to make our portal to the TF D:
Well.
Balls.
...In such a case then, I request a copy of the FTB world as you'd said you would provide in the event this would happen.
I can't help but ask, why don't you just... you know... Stream? xD How would changing the server to vanilla make you stream more?

Rage_Pixel

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed I really don't see anything exciting about streaming or even playing vanilla the only reason I play vanilla is for Server Games. FTB has so much more and is much more streamable in my opinion then just regular vanilla. In vanilla there is so few things to do, rather in FTB it's quite literally endless. FTB in my opinion should've stayed but that's not my decision, so yea I really don't understand why you don't just stream. I was going to A LOT during the summer for a charity livestream me and my friend are planning. And not to mention I'll be trying to upgrade my PC this summer so it has far capability to stream. But not my decision. But personally FTB is far more fun to stream.

debaubau

Jul 29, 2019
One of the biggest reasons are the resources (human and computer) for running the server. I know some folks offered to help admin, but this server was never meant to have (or need) any admins for anything. Vanilla is a lot more stable and requires less interaction on our part for the server to run. Also, our streams are probably going to start showcasing less survival and more creative. We've had a custom vanilla map in planning for awhile now and are ready to start moving forward, so we'll probably be streaming and highlighting our building of the map for the most part. When vanilla survival is up and running, everyone is welcome to join and play on it, but it won't be up 24/7. Feed The Beast was more of an experiment on our part to see if we enjoyed it or not; and while it was fun, it wasn't exactly what we were looking for. It was fun at first, but lost its novelty.

I just checked on the server and it's down when it's not supposed to be. I shut it down and started it up again twice yesterday. This is what I was talking about ith stability; we can't afford to get a bigger server right now and vanilla will run best on it.

Once again, sorry folks but thanks for playing. I'll be installing vanilla 1.4.7 now. If you want to hop on, feel free! If not, enjoy FTB and if we start FTB again we'll post it here! :)

Meanwhile, I'll start a forum post on the vanilla minecraftforum.net site for us. I'll leave the link here for those who wish to join in some vanilla adventures.

It's been fun! Good luck to you all!

Kreamator

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to ask once more about... you know, me being able to actually download the FTB world from you. >.> I wants it ._.
I shan't be pleased in the event that what you'd said in the first post of the thread turns out to have been false.