Dear FTB team now that 1.4.7 packs are final

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Shall we see the fabled Ftb challenge map make an appearance, we have been told in the past that mods needed to be updated & bugs fixed, this is totally understandable & with all the packs that have been released we have been kept fully fed on a diet of mods that have been enjoyed by all.

Now that there are final version of the main ftb packs can we expect a challenge map, its a simple question & a simple answer from a team member would be appreciated.

& thanks for all you guys n gals have done to date, we may not all ways look like it but we the players do appreciated the team & the mod authors work.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Shall we see the fabled Ftb challenge map make an appearance, we have been told in the past that mods needed to be updated & bugs fixed, this is totally understandable & with all the packs that have been released we have been kept fully fed on a diet of mods that have been enjoyed by all.

Now that there are final version of the main ftb packs can we expect a challenge map, its a simple question & a simple answer from a team member would be appreciated.

& thanks for all you guys n gals have done to date, we may not all ways look like it but we the players do appreciated the team & the mod authors work.
There's already a Pax challenge thing, if that's what you meant.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
The Pax challenge map has a bug - namely a missing alloy wire in the 16x Biomass Cans challenge.
The challenges are:
A regulator.
A full energy cell.
A full MFE (600,000 EU)
16x Biomass Cans.
There are plenty of resources, so the only real challenge is getting the energy cell to be full.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
the pax map was a rushed map for the pax east event & had bugs that I & others pointed out, there was not time to fix these it seems, & no that was not the question, as many may know FTB started as a map making crew then started wrenched & then the ftb mod packs, at all times during this slow & the team have stated there map makers at the core & we would see a new challenge map, my question was & still is solely if we will see a new version of the FTB challenge map in the near future seeing as now the 1.4.7 mods are as stable as they will ever be.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
the pax map was a rushed map for the pax east event & had bugs that I & others pointed out, there was not time to fix these it seems, & no that was not the question, as many may know FTB started as a map making crew then started wrenched & then the ftb mod packs, at all times during this slow & the team have stated there map makers at the core & we would see a new challenge map, my question was & still is solely if we will see a new version of the FTB challenge map in the near future seeing as now the 1.4.7 mods are as stable as they will ever be.
You just showed how little you knew about the FTB modpack, good job.

And to answer your new question (because it's not the same as the other one):
"if we will see a new version of the FTB challenge map in the near future seeing as now the 1.4.7 mods are as stable as they will ever be"

I doubt it.
They're probably working hard enough to get the pack to 1.5.2 (something I would consider a priority anyway) and even when they're done there's 1.6. But you don't seem to realise how much work goes into this kind of stuff.
The map that you get in the pack by default is there as a nostalgic flash-back rather than something they're going to repeat.

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019

Now that your yearly allowance of ampersands are spent, you can go back to typing "and".

Reactions: tehBlobLord

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
BlobLord, are you so sure about that statement? I was under the impression that one of the goals of the Ultimate Pack was to show off their own challenge map and promote other peoples' maps as well. Have they changed this strategy at some point? And if so, when?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Now that your yearly allowance of ampersands are spent, you can go back to typing "and".

sorry I have no idea what your talking about maybe its a locational thing ?, it may mean something to you but to me nothing, but I get the feeling its some form of thinly veiled insult.

tehBlobLord, no comment your flame baiting.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019

This is to confirm that we have read your question. However, at this time we do not have any information that we can publicly announce. The creation of a challenge map takes time. In the future when we do have more information that we are ready to confirm and publish then we will do so.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
This is to confirm that we have read your question. However, at this time we do not have any information that we can publicly announce. The creation of a challenge map takes time. In the future when we do have more information that we are ready to confirm and publish then we will do so.
Thank you for your reply.

Reactions: QueWhat