Dealing with Flooded Quarries

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a good way to clear out a quarry once its finished and has fluids everywhere? Since BoP, it's not just water anymore. We now have poison, sludge, oil, sewage, and spring water all in the mix. Spring water and poison will not suck up with pumps, and all but water do not work with the entropy accelerator.

Looking for ways both creative and survival, as well as bukkit plugins. Looking for a way to easily manage this on a server wide scale.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Use the ol' gravel/sand trick where you place gravel/sand on the top layer. It'll fall to the bottom, removing the liquids. Alternatively you could do this with MFFS, CC, Filler, etc.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
not saying its really effective... but filler with ungodly amounts of whatever hooked up to a creative redcell?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Placing 62x62x128 blocks doesn't sound like too good of a "help prevent lag" solution.

imagine this... a huge quarried hole, completely filled to the brim with IC2 scaffolding, and then remove the bottom layer of scaffolding...

u6ibk7S.gif

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
I usually morph in to a bat, and then fly around with a bucket stacks of dirt. use the bucket to pick up single blocks. use the dirt to fill in pools. dealing with poison and sludge is a pain, but you can do most of the same stuff.

For creative mode? just spam sponges.

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
I usually morph in to a bat, and then fly around with a bucket stacks of dirt. use the bucket to pick up single blocks. use the dirt to fill in pools. dealing with poison and sludge is a pain, but you can do most of the same stuff.

Sponges prevent tick action, so it'd leave a puddle of stuck flowing water.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

you could also use the angel block from Extra Utilities combined with the OpenBlocks sponges... atleast that's how I would do it if I were to do it manually

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
Consider the QuarryPlus mod for future use. Create super expensive quarry upgrade that automatically deals with liquids.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
QuarryPlus is dead and the den of lions release isn't stable yet, but it'd be a nice thing for the future once it eventually becomes ready.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
QuarryPlus is dead and the den of lions release isn't stable yet, but it'd be a nice thing for the future once it eventually becomes ready.
DoL's version seems ready enough. It's been working fine, without any noticeable issues for me. Besides still being marked 'developement' and likely some edgecase mod interaction issues, how is it not ready?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Eh not really but DoL version is just in testing.

some of the better mods are still marked as being in developement. for me, if a mod is marked as in developement, but still released, it's a way of saying to not bother the mod developer if you get problems with the mod, but doesn't mean you actually will get problems