Davy Jones' Locker Pack/Map

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of making a map/modpack in the spirit of Agrarian Skies, Skyfactor and many other skyblock style maps. The twist...it's underwater adding the difficulty of building a secure structure to keep from drowning.

Tentative modlist follows, fairly set in stone now.

Applied Energistics
AutoUtils
Backpacks
Bibliocraft
Blood Magic - Alchemical Wizardry
Carpenter's Blocks
Chicken Chunks
Chisel
CodeChickenCore
CoFH Core
Ex-Nihilo
Dynamic Lights
Emasher Resource
Enchiridion
EnderIO
Engineers Toolbox
Evoc
Ex-Aliquo
Extra Utilities
Extra Cells
Flat Signs
Hardcore Questing Mode
HarvestCraft
HarvesCraft Waila Fixes
Hunger Overhaul
Iguana Tweaks for Tinkers Construct
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chest
JABBA
Mariculture
Mekanism
MineFactory Reloaded
MineTweaker
Nature
NEI Addons
NEI Plugins
NEI
Obsidian Pressure Plates
Open Blocks
Open Mods
PowerCrystals Core
RailCraft
Random Things
Refined Relocation
Steve's Carts
Steve's Factory Manager
Tinkers Tooltips
Tinkers Construct
Tinkers Mechworks
Tinkers Steelworks
Translocators
Waila
Warp Book

Mini Map of Choice

I currently have the Introductory set of quests done and am working on the next sets of quests. I will be adding more information here as I complete more things.

Screenshots will be incoming soon and Beta testing will open up as soon as I get a bit more questlines finished.

I hope this will be different enough for most people, and yes I am aware there is no Thermal Expansion :p

I want to broaden peoples mod knowledge and using certain questlines I hope to do this.

Thanks for reading and I hope to bring a new twist to the modded survival mode.

Tedyhere

dawgeth

Jul 29, 2019
Registered here just to say - looking forward to this one.

I need all the mod knowledge I can get friend.

Sammy D

Jul 29, 2019
I can not wait to play this, already have a great mod knowledge but i still love to learn

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Well this is an older post, the modlist has changed some and progress is slow as I learn Mine/mod tweaker and how to best use the .json files in alot of newer mods. But it's coming along.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Well crap! I am making a underwater pack too. I did not know that this pack was even a thing when I came up with the idea

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Well crap! I am making a underwater pack too. I did not know that this pack was even a thing when I came up with the idea

We could always merge ideas and team up. It's slow going for me because of work and family.

Reactions: pc_assassin

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
We could always merge ideas and team up. It's slow going for me because of work and family.

Thank you for the offer, but I don't know if I can work with anybody due to my schedule.

I only get on at about midnight central time and get off at about 2:30

Dr.Icepaws

Jul 29, 2019
Hey tedyhere I've a good amount of knowledge in hqm and minetweaker if you want advice or help pm me and let me know.

Jul 29, 2019
Also, tedyhere, I like the fact that this doesn't have HQM in it. HQM would make it feel grindy and wouldn't make me think of ways to do things. and would probably force me into stuff that i wouldn't want to do normally (like bees... ugh.) If i want to do things, and i don't know how they work, there's NEI, or a wiki. but the HQM book just feels like the modpack author is forcing me to do things the way they want to do it, not the way i want to do it.

Jul 29, 2019
another thing that most HQM modpacks seems to do is offer meager rewards for hours upon hours of grinding, or have some quests that don't work correctly or can't be completed due to item id conflicts that the modpack author doesn't know about. now, things like Agrarian Skies has some good early game quests, but mid to late game quests get a bit nutty. (5 billion cobble, anyone?)

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm having fun with the pack at the moment. Definitely got me thinking, and with the gauntlet I threw down... it's time to get creative (not the game mode...)

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I should mention this is now on the Curse launcher. If you want to play it grab it there, I also have a forum thread over there. No plans to move it here right now. I also have manual install files for MAC/*NIX/MMC Users and the server files for servers, both minus the Forge files.