Dartcraft: One of the most overpowered mods of our time

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see much difference from a force wrench and a portal gun that you can find easily or a wand of dislocation which takes about 10 minutes to make

the force wrench is just a bit faster.

Oh look, the "Public Notice on Warning" feature is in fact working and looks pretty okay on this theme.

Let's not give the moderators any more excuses to try it out or we may just opt to lock instead. This thread went so well for long that it would make me very sad to see that.

looks nice on the dark theme too, nice gold color

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see much difference from a force wrench and a portal gun that you can find easily or a wand of dislocation which takes about 10 minutes to make

the force wrench is just a bit faster.

looks nice on the dark theme too, nice gold color

The portal gun can't be used for chest-ception.

The wand of dislocation also can't be used for chest ception, and it's expensive resource wise. (It breaks after about 5 uses)

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Equivalent Exchange on the other hand, as OP as people complain it is, do realize that people only use it for the Minium stone and that everything else in EE is what I like to call "Bloat-ware" as it can neither be crafted or obtained or even USED for that matter.

Maybe you should come up with a new name for the "bloat-ware" in EE3. Might I suggest "in development"? In spite of your reference to alchemical bags earlier in that post, it looks like you might not be aware that EE3 is being actively developed and some of the things that do appear in NEI right now are future features of the mod and will one day be completed. The developer, Pahimar, has been very busy recently, restricting the amount of work he can do on the mod. However, he is quite vocal about his progress, notably on twitter. Check out dynEMC if you are interested.

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
Maybe you should come up with a new name for the "bloat-ware" in EE3. Might I suggest "in development"? In spite of your reference to alchemical bags earlier in that post, it looks like you might not be aware that EE3 is being actively developed and some of the things that do appear in NEI right now are future features of the mod and will one day be completed. The developer, Pahimar, has been very busy recently, restricting the amount of work he can do on the mod. However, he is quite vocal about his progress, notably on twitter. Check out dynEMC if you are interested.

"Active in development"

aahhahahaha omg it's been like a year and we have a minium stone

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
that's like saying that I'm not allowed to say duke nukem forever is a terrible game and had way to much development time because I've never published a video game
No. That's a false assessment. Duke Nukem had grand plans and people were compensated for disappointing efforts that spanned several teams over decades.

EE3 is being developed by one person. For free essentially. Yes he has grand plans, let's give him the time. He hasn't given an eta, nor has he sold you false expectations.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
No. That's a false assessment. Duke Nukem had grand plans and people were compensated for disappointing efforts that spanned several teams over decades.

EE3 is being developed by one person. For free essentially. Yes he has grand plans, let's give him the time. He hasn't given an eta, nor has he sold you false expectations.

You may not need to be a chef to know the food tastes shit, but at least you need a good sense of taste.
I think the main point you should drive is that no modder here is obligated to do anything and no player is entitled to get anything as everyone is doing things for free here.
That point alone is why people should hold their tongue...

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
"Active in development"

aahhahahaha omg it's been like a year and we have a minium stone

Really? Really? Do you have any idea how much shiznit Pahimar's done in that year? Sure you can't see it, but it's there.

that's like saying that I'm not allowed to say duke nukem forever is a terrible game and had way to much development time because I've never published a video game

Duke Nukem had an entire team working on it. EE3 is one person. Big difference.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
not to mention pahimar has helped the modding community by simply helping people get started with modding so in essence he's helping create the next great mods I say leave him be. He will get to it when he does and like most people time is an issue because I'm sure he has little enough time to get to it.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
You may not need to be a chef to know the food tastes shit, but at least you need a good sense of taste.
I think the main point you should drive is that no modder here is obligated to do anything and no player is entitled to get anything as everyone is doing things for free here.
Shut down the forum then there's nothing else to talk about

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet

Well I'm sorry that my "good taste" involves mods that don't add one item and promise to add a bunch more. And the "no modder is obligated to do anything" could literally be used as an argument against any modder doing anything in any mod. It's overdone and overused. If you develop a mod for the community, than you shouldn't be surprised when people want either more content or the mod updating. I don't think pahimar is a bad person, he's a pretty good person, he's just slow at updating his mod. And the "content" that has been added is merely bugfixes to a single item. The most it has is a bit of fancy ground rendering along with some items that don't even have uses yet. The only reason people like it is that it offers a portable crafting option and really easy ender pearl and obsidian recipes.

Really? Really? Do you have any idea how much shiznit Pahimar's done in that year? Sure you can't see it, but it's there.
Duke Nukem had an entire team working on it. EE3 is one person. Big difference.

That's like saying every mod out there has as little content as EE3 does, or that every mod author does that much work. I'll give an example, every heard of Calclavia? He maintains 5+ mods that all add a good amount of content, so don't try and pull that comparison.

Pahimar on multiple instances has stated that what he's adding is "just a fraction of whats to come". I understand that he has yet to give an ETA on it, but regardless I'd wrather be given an eta of 2 years for something to get done than no eta at all for something that's supposed to get done.

Pahimar has gone through IRL issues, being married, solving computer science problems for DynEMC, his Let's Mod Series, and I'm sure many more...
Thanks for proving my not in active development point

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm sorry that my "good taste" involves mods that don't add one item and promise to add a bunch more. And the "no modder is obligated to do anything" could literally be used as an argument against any modder doing anything in any mod. It's overdone and overused. If you develop a mod for the community, than you shouldn't be surprised when people want either more content or the mod updating. I don't think pahimar is a bad person, he's a pretty good person, he's just slow at updating his mod. And the "content" that has been added is merely bugfixes to a single item. The most it has is a bit of fancy ground rendering along with some items that don't even have uses yet. The only reason people like it is that it offers a portable crafting option and really easy ender pearl and obsidian recipes.

That's like saying every mod out there has as little content as EE3 does, or that every mod author does that much work. I'll give an example, every heard of Calclavia? He maintains 5+ mods that all add a good amount of content, so don't try and pull that comparison.

Pahimar on multiple instances has stated that what he's adding is "just a fraction of whats to come". I understand that he has yet to give an ETA on it, but regardless I'd wrather be given an eta of 2 years for something to get done than no eta at all for something that's supposed to get done.

then make your own mod and make sure you add eta's fix bugs instantly. not to mention have a life, job responsibilities then don't knock what you don't know how to do yourself. This I'm privileged attitude simply needs to stop. Life will knock you on your bum and then you will realise how wrong you are. Then you will have to pick yourself up and no one will help you. they will kick you when your down. Stop whining since it's not helping and does not get results in the real world.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'd like to address a couple of points here:

1) The Minium Stone is a pretty complex item. This one item alone provides more content than most mods.

2) Part of what he has been doing to 'fix' this is the dynEMC, which is a completely revolutionary back-end system you never see, but will prevent problems like bonemeal/blaze powder exploits. Like KL's back-end optimization of server load, it's one of those things you never notice, but is absolutely critical. Effectively, he's having to write a whole new mod to build his mod properly.

3) I'd rather he fix bugs than start incorporating more features while currently existing features are buggy. Fixing bugs is good. And it often takes a LOT longer to fix bugs, particularly intermittent bugs, than writing code is. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

No, that's like YOU saying that. Having said that, Calclavia does have a lot of help with his UE mods.

Here's where we have to agree to disagree. I'd much rather not be given an ETA than to be given one and have it not happen. Right now, he's trying to get things done, but he doesn't know how long it is going to take. I'd much rather be surprised with an update than be disappointed by a lack of one.

There's this thing, it's called 'multitasking'. It means he can do all this simultaneously. However, it also means he has a shorter amount of time to devote to EE3 with all this other stuff going on. It doesn't mean the time invested in EE3 is 'zero', it just means that there's less of it than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.