Dartcraft Help

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, I'm just starting out on dartcraft and would like a bit of insight on what stuff I should put on my Force Tools/Armor. Like I know how the mechanics work, I'm just not familiar with the upgrades. I have looked on the forum page, and I see no mention of the newer upgrades like Unbreaking. So to be short and simple, I would like a list of what you find BEST to put on the Force Tools/Armor.

As a sidenote: I noticed that Stray Mav had a scoop/grafter on this armor. (He used the functions with his bare hands). Is this a config option, or is it no longer ONLY for the force axe?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Personally for my armor I build each piece the same way: 2 energy crystals, one bat claw, one spider eye, one obsidian/brick, one fortune paper, one sugar, and one feather.

For my tools:

Power drill: Fortune 4 core, speed 3 core, silk touch core
Power chainsaw: Lumberjack core, speed 5 or Damage 5 core, Wing core
Sword 1: 3 bat claws, 4 fortune paper, 1 thaumcraft shard
Sword 2: 2 bat claws, 5 soul essence(The thing for soul stealer), 1 thaumcraft shard

And the grafter/scoop is built into the armor. When you wear it your hand is basically a near perfect multi-tool.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Energy crystals makes the armor powered by EU rather than durability making it infinite so long as you have power to do so. The chest piece also acts like a batpack and the like for your power tools. Spider eye adds bane which stops creepers from exploding(possibly along with a few other things but none as impressive as that).

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... So, I'll remember to just punch a creeper, then leave it alone. Just for the fun of it :)

So this is what I finally came up with:

Force Armor: Bat Claw, Spider Eye, Obsidian, Fortune Paper, Sugar, Feather, Blaze Power & Arrow.

Force PickAxe: Fortune 3, Sugar 1, Obsidian, Flint Blaze Power

Force Sword: Obsidian, Batclaws 3, Fortune 4

(I'm using the Force Mitts for everything else. Lazy, but meh)

Thoughts?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Ahh and I actually just read up on it. Only one piece of armor needs bane on it. So my suggestion would be to give the boots the eye, the chest another crystal, and the other two another obsidian/brick.

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh and I actually just read up on it. Only one piece of armor needs bane on it. So my suggestion would be to give the boots the eye, the chest another crystal, and the other two another obsidian/brick.
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, you ninja'd my edit. Look above and tell me what you think? :)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The pickaxe can take one more fortune but otherwise it looks good you'll just be crafting all the stuff fairly often lol

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
I know. I have automatic production of everything but Bat Claws. D: Know any renewable to get them that doesn't involve laggy mob spawners?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't a large and dark room generates bats? I always do notice bats spawning inside my mob spawn room, instead of the GD mobs I wanted...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I would suggest a 11x11x4 room with one side being filled with water source blocks(To move items as well as prevent spawns) they won't reach the last block across the room. Dig that out and place a source block in each corner and remove the middle block of that lowered row. Put your choice of item collection at that hole(Preferably something that will not allow light in). The final bit would be killing(You'll want to do this before place the water and finished one side). Place a second row of blocks around the outside of the middle row of blocks on one side then remove the inner layer of the middle row you just did. Place high energy pellet launchers here and put a lever(Or a redstone wiring system if you want one big switch) behind each one. Flip the witch and it should start a slow trickle of bat claws.

Decided I'd make a test run of this:

http://imgur.com/a/JC7md

Still testing to see if it actually works.

E: Just found out it must be below y level 63.

And apparently HE pellet launchers give off light now. Trying a few different ways.

E2: Yeah there's no way to do a bat only mob trap. At least from all my tests; unless you play on peaceful.