Dart Craft and SMP

Should Dart Craft be removed from Unleashed?

• Yes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tehstone

Jul 29, 2019
As a server owner, the reasons pile up daily why DartCraft should not be an SMP mod.

The Force Wrench bypasses nearly every protection plugin in many ways.
The Force Wrench allows "chestception". Chest within chest within chest... corrupts the chunk and the player.dat
The Bleed effect on the armor bypasses pvp toggles in towny, pvparena plugins, GP, and worldguard
The Infusion Table doesn't work well with blocks that input or push items through various sides, IE most of the thermal expansion machines.

I'll post more reasons as they come to mind.

In my opinion, the mod causes far more headaches than it's worth and has no place in a modpack like this. I have considered disabling it on my server, but then I would lose out on all the players that have to have it.

Can I get more opinions on it?

Edit: found this

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
If it causes so many problems, why would you want to run it?

If people leave your server only because you don't run it, why would you want them on your server in the first place? People that shallow will end up crying about something eventually.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Other mods have way more problems than that. It's best to leave it in until it gets worse, and at which point, remove it. Right now it's a fun mid-game mod with some gems in it.

Reactions: Zenthon_127

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
The extent of my dartcraft use is force engines to charge my redstone cells. I would not cry if it was gone.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
The answer to that is easy. Removing the mod from the pack would have negative effects on every world out there using that pack with the mod enabled. Removing it from your server before starting a new world is pretty much painless.

Reactions: TheLoneWolfling

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Again this is a problem if the launcher would finally separate 'modpacks' from 'config packs'. DC is just fine for single player. If someone wants to play russian roulette with their force wrench; let 'em. But IMHO for servers altleast the force wrench should be disabled. So the solution would be if there would be an SMP config pack that doesn't have anything 'bad' for servers. But alas.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on an FTB Unleashed SMP server and we've only had a single Dartcraft related glitch that has done anything serious. It was somebody flying around in the Twilight Forest at max speed generating new chunks, causing lag (which can also be done with MPS). Force Wrench is fully enabled FYI.

I don't think your problem is with Dartcraft.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
If your concern is with your own server, just disable it. Mature people will understand that the mod has server corruption and grief prevention issues; the immature ones you don't really want around anyway.

Plenty of servers disable gravity guns, portal guns, nukes, quarries, chunk loaders, anchors, etc. And people still play on them.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
Wood is so OP, you get FOUR planks! Nerf it or remove it!

Oh somebody already nerfed it!

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Threads carrying on topics from already existing threads are OP. Nerf incoming.

Thread locked.

Reactions: Pokefenn
Status
Not open for further replies.