Closed /dank/null places ghost blocks in claimed/chunkloaded chunks

G

Gear1989

Summary of the problem /dank/null places ghost blocks in claimed/chunkloaded chunks

Pack Version 1.0.0

What is the bug? /dank/null will place a ghost block in an FTB Utilities' claimed and/or chunkloaded chunks

Mod & Version /dank/null 1.2.19
FTBUtils 4.2.4

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes, claim and chunkload some chunks, place blocks.

Known Fix

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Can confirm this as well, have happened on DW20 server as well - (think some of the times the /dank/null wasn't involved).

Known Fix
Unload the area, log out for a while (restart the world / restart the server) - and it should be OK.
(if it doesn't work with just Unload, try unclaim the chunk/chunks as well)

G

Gear1989

I know the fix is to unclaim the chunks, but I want them loaded for my machines and ME System

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I know the fix is to unclaim the chunks
Sure, but you didn't type the fix in ;)

I added the answer for anyone that comes here that doesn't know how to work around it until there's a permanent fix.

but I want them loaded for my machines and ME System
Ofc - just reclaim / reload (also intended for anyone that doesn't know that comes here)

VaporStrike

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I've noticed is that you can actually "push" the affected block with a piston. Once pushed, you can place a block in the originally bugged slot, but wherever you pushed the empty bugged block to will now be bugged. Repeated piston pushing eventually ends up making the bugged block vanish, though it's entirely random.

So if you'd rather not log out and unload the area, and you just have to put one or two blocks in that area, shoving it aside with a piston should work fine.

That and this same problem happens sometimes just by breaking a block. Possibly only happens during lag spikes but I can't be positive on that.