Customizing Mod Interactions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Right. So, I'm working on developing ShneekeyCraft for 1.10.2, and there's a few things I am wanting to do with it.

Right now, we don't really have a whole lot of mods available for certain niches which I want covered, namely automation and transportation. So I'm using EnderIO. Yea, I know, but those conduits, man. However, I want things to be a bit more... hmm... interesting than the SAG Mill and the Alloy Furnace.

My idea was to move all the alloying to the TiCo Smeltery. Most of it is done pretty much automatically, as far as picking up the alloying recipes, but I'm wanting to disable both the Alloy Furnace and the SAG Mill (whose function will be taken over by the Immersive Engineering's multiblock Grinder).

This gives the players a more interesting way of doing things without it being punishing. This is supposed to be a casual pack, very newbie friendly, so I don't want to go full GT, but I do want to give players a more... customized experience.

The catch here is that I absolutely dislike Modtweaker. I've had a lot of... unlovely experiences with it. Updates completely borking up the whole pack, removing a single mod causing server-ending crashes... pretty unstable last time I played around with it.

I didn't see anything in the EnderIO config file to let me disable either of these blocks, did I, perhaps, miss something? Or am I going to have to slog through Minetweaker again?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Couldn't you just disable the recipes? They can't be used if they can't be crafted.

But then again, I've never worked on a mod so you might need a 50lb. bag of salt with this idea :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think you're in a bit of a bind. MT was designed to do exactly what you're looking for. Is it horribly unreliable in 1.10? (does it even exist for 1.10?)

I've never encountered the stability issues you've had with it although I can understand if you have a personal grudge with it by now. But honestly it should be as simple as adding a couple Remove lines to a .tz file.

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
I think you're in a bit of a bind. MT was designed to do exactly what you're looking for. Is it horribly unreliable in 1.10? (does it even exist for 1.10?).
Literally exactly what I thought.
If you don't want to go the MT route, you can always do what I did pre-MT. Code a small mod, adding/removing recipes.

Reactions: Pyure

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
For 1.10.2 we have Crafttweaker which is an updated fork of Minetweaker
May have to check this out, then. Maybe they have made advancements in stability since I last played with the original MT.

I'm just wanting to make a few simple tweaks to improve the game and not rely so heavily on single-block solutions.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Message Crazypants, and ask him to add the option into the config. Sometimes the simplest way is the best. (Especially since he can do it at the root level.)