Custom Items in 1.10.2

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ommina

Aug 14, 2014
I find myself needing some custom items to act as an intermediate step in a crafting chain. And, once again, I also find myself unable to find a 1.10.2 equivalent of the custom-blocks and custom-items mods that existed for 1.7.10.

So, here I am, turning here for help. Again. Is there such a thing?

Additionally, can anybody recommend a resource for a collection of appropriate size and resolution graphics that I may use for my new items?

As always, many thanks for reading.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
There's this for textures, however I don't think there are any mods on 1.10+ that add custom items unfortunately. If you're familiar with Java (or have some extra time) there are lots of tutorials for creating for your own basic mod that makes a simple item you could use for crafting recipe steps.

Reactions: Ommina

Ommina

Aug 14, 2014
Thanks again, erindalc. I do appreciate your replies.

I'll avail myself of McJty's tutorials and go that route. It does have a bit of a "surely you're taking this too far" feel to it, but... oh well!

Reactions: erindalc

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Thanks again, erindalc. I do appreciate your replies.

I'll avail myself of McJty's tutorials and go that route. It does have a bit of a "surely you're taking this too far" feel to it, but... oh well!

I've done it myself, so I can tell you making items is fairly simple, but there's lots of places where a single misspelling will make it not work/crash, so good luck.