Custom Config

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
i am currently running a self created server. Because i don't want to mess around with the configs anymore i'd like to run a ftb server. So i don't have to manage all ids and updates by myself.
But i also like some thinks disabled on the server. So my questions.

1. If i disable a mod on the Server side and the client has the mod enabled can they connect?
2. If i disable something like a block in the server config do the clients need the same config?
3. If i update the Server do i need to change the config everytime again?

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. The first one i tested.. it is ok.
1. If i delete the mod in the mod folder on the server clients still can connect. They still see the blocks of the disabled mods in NEI but can't create them.

2 and 3...i thought about a workarround. Maybe there is an extra forge compatible server side mod that let me disable certain ids for crafting. So no matter what the config change on the other mods is (except for the id) would not matter because the one extra mod disables them on server start. I have seen mods like this but don't know the name or if they still being maintained.

TheDJParadox

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen a Forge-based mod floating somewhere around the internet. A little googling should find it for you. "RecipeRemover"

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Recipe Remover is the kind of mod that does what i want:
one working with the 1.5.2 Version ist this
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ionality-for-your-forge-server/#entry20533111
Only Core is needed (for recipe removal) the rest is optional...i will look into it seems interesting.

The recipe is still in NEI, you can put it together in a crafting table but when you take the item out of the table it is removed and the mats reappear in the crafting grid.