Cube World

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I just got this game, and I barely have any idea how to play it. Hopefully it's good though, it seems promising from the recent explosion of publicity from YouTubers and streamers. I'm about to start it up :D

It can be got here: https://picroma.com/buycubeworld (disabled most of the time due to DoS attacks, more info in the news section)

N.B. It's not a Minecraft ripoff, go away if that's what you were planning to say. It just so happens to look like Minecraft. The whole game is based around levelling up and upgrading skills, abilities and tools, as I understand it. You can't even break or place blocks.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Account creation site it down since yesterday. I really hope it will be up soon, so I can get it :b

And yes, the world kinda looks like minecraft, but from what I've seen it's completely different

Edit: It's back up whooh :'D

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I've watched a bit of LP's on this game and it's just not for me from what I've seen. It appears to be a hack, slash, and collect type game. That just doesn't interest me. I played too many of these types of games before.

On the other hand it looks nice and there seems to be a large amount of content. I hope you guys enjoy it, but I won't be playing. ;)

Reactions: mathjazz

aaninja64

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, due to DDoS attacks in the evening and night (Germany time), the store is always down when I'm trying to access it, and because of the fact that I live about halfway across the world from Wollay and Pixxie, I think I have to log into the store in the middle of the night in order to buy the game. :( Either that or they're shutting the store down even when there isn't a huge risk of attacks

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Falls under the "I'll spend a few hours on it if it's free, But if you think i'm going to buy it you're in for it"

Reactions: Jess887cp

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
I really want to buy this game, but trying out the demo comes an error "Could not initialize Direct3D".
This is up in their forums too.
I wish there was a fix... I wanna play this :(

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Never tried the demo, but I played it at a friend's place and loved it. Bought it myself and it works fine.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Because lord knows our time is so valuable.

Y'know Minecraft had a similar issue when it became popular?

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Because lord knows our time is so valuable.

Y'know Minecraft had a similar issue when it became popular?

Well yes, the difference being that minecraft servers are run off your computer instead of some computer in china and that there are almost an unlimited amount of servers mostly run by ten year old children. You can't connect to one you can always find another. Then there's always the single player if THAT doesn't work. But with cube world it's a limited thing, there are only so many servers and I don't believe that there's single player at this point in development.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Well yes, the difference being that minecraft servers are run off your computer instead of some computer in china and that there are almost an unlimited amount of servers mostly run by ten year old children. You can't connect to one you can always find another. Then there's always the single player if THAT doesn't work. But with cube world it's a limited thing, there are only so many servers and I don't believe that there's single player at this point in development.

Can't you just play offline?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019

I think one or both of us misunderstood the other and it's probably me.
I meant that minecraft had the issue of downed servers for downloading/purchasing the game in the beginning. I assumed you meant the problem with Cube World's servers being down in a similar fashion because of constant DDOS attacks.

If I missed your point, I apologize. I have a tendency to do that.

Electro44

Jul 29, 2019
Well yes, the difference being that minecraft servers are run off your computer instead of some computer in china.
1. I'm pretty sure china is not in Sweden
2. If you mean login servers, then minecraft isn't ran off your computer. If you mean multiplayer servers, then cube world ones are ran off your computer.