Cross dimension AE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Gassy_banana

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm currently doing a playthrough with my sister on LAN, and her PC isn't that good so I was wondering if I could somehow access my AE network from a different dimension to keep her from lagging at our home

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Don't think there is. Only way I can think of is to have 2 setups and take the disks to either side when and where you need them.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
You can add logistics pipes.

Logistics pipes can read/use items from multiple AE networks and remote orderer works cross dimension.

You can also try disabling AE animations in your sisters AE config file.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Does she lag 100 to 200 blocks away? It'd cost energy, but you could run a long cable to an outpost outside the laggy zone. And then you could save energy by putting a Dark Cable at the source and controlling it with a redstone signal from the outpost. If you have the Player Detector block that emits a redstone signal when a specific player is online, there'd even be no hassle to this design.

For a friend of mine, to save energy for his tiny network (powered by one hobbyist steam engine), I designed it to cut the power to the controller unless he stood on a pressure plate in front of a terminal. It was very convenient. You could do this as a simpler option.