Crippling lag while playing Revelations mod pack

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
K

KingofCreepers1

Title Crippling lag while playing Revelations mod pack

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack FTB Revelations

Modpack version Newest

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue Every time I play the FTB Revelations pack I get massive lag spikes. It seems completely random, but annoyingly frequent. I go from having 40-50 FPS to 0-2 FPS and stay that way for a second or two then go back to normal. When playing vanilla MC I have 100-140 FPS and no lag at all. the lag also happens while paying Skyfactory 3 and Pyramid Reborn

Last edited:
Y

Yamifox

Bumping this.

Can anyone look into it please? I'm giving 8GB to Minecraft, made sure I'm using 64x version of Java and uninstalled any previous versions. I tried with Java 8 and Java 9, lowering my settings even though I have a good PC.

I really like FTB modpacks, but the lack of replies to these problems is really saddening.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Only thing i can suggest is try a few different java argument sets search for java arguments minecraft. I suspect what you are getting is not lag as much as the garbage collector routine of java spiking your CPU to 100% when it runs ram I would seriously keep at 6gig or under unless you have multiple people using your instance, more ram can equal problems as well, counterintuitively.

I currently use 512m-5gig and no arguments on my revelation client but I am also playing on a locally hosted server which is set to use 512m-6gig and is using this as the arguments all of which is aimed at making the java GC routines behave themselves for Minecraft

-Xmn768m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=30 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=2048m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:parallelGCThreads=10

That seems to work well on servers and is the old parameters for the GC, ideally you want to use no parameters but I have had success with those on the server and using this on the client (SevTech Ages modpack)

-XX:+UseG1GC -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=2147483646 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M

Which is the new version of the GC routine parameters.

Basically try either of those and see if it improves. If it does yay, if not remove them as ideally you want to use no parameters, less to stuff up that way.

I actually run the server and client on the same machine and still connect via the server window, my system is an i7 and is running 32gig of ram. So it is capable of doing that, I've been playing WoW with the MC server still running in the background at times.