Creeperhost servers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
OK so Yeah like I know there are a bazilion of these these threads already but what is a forum for other then starting threads that cater to what you need/want?

Any who, Im looking at starting a private FTB minecraft server, I figure that it would be me playing on it most of the time, but I will also give 4 other friends access to it. So maybe 6 people on at a busy day. My play style is pretty server intensive I assume, I like to have the overworld, the nether, and atleast 1 mystcraft age, if not 2-3 running at a time. Of course most everything takes place in the overworld with 1 mystcraft age coming in second place, then the nether and the rest of the mystcraft ages are used for lava generation and maybe something like a good resource for sand or trees.

I like to build a lot like DW20 (though I try and make things pretty also)and I like to have a sorting machine going, a few rail carts doing things, a main base a few small specialized bases.

I do not like lag. I built a thousand dollar gaming rig a few months ago just to make sure that I wouldn't have any lag when using the computer for gaming/adobe stuff, Modded minecraft was a big reason for this.

So there is a bit about what I like, dont like, feel I should have and shouldn't have. What kind of server would I need? What creeperhost pack would fit me the best without spending more then I have to OFC. Also what kind of things does a person look for in a Minecraft server host? What should I know before I go out and grab some random server package from some server host? What kind of specs should a server have for my uses? How much ram? Yatta yatta yatta.

The FTB pack I plan on using is a custom Ultimate pack when it come out BTW.

Basically I would like to start my server running "career" (though its just for fun), but I have little to no idea what to look for or what knowledge I should have before I start. Please be kind about your replies, yes I am a complete and total noob when it comes to servers but a guys gotta start somewhere right?

Edit: Oh and one other thing. I hear people constantly saying how expensive Creeper host is, yet 2gbs ram for the "zombie" package is 17$ and that seems to be about the same price (Give or take a few bucks) as most everywhere else. So my question her is what is the difference then?

karl2002

Jul 29, 2019
If its just you wouldnt it be better if you just ran a server yourslef of your own pc? And a few others would be able to access it too depending on your connection of course.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
If its just you wouldnt it be better if you just ran a server yourslef of your own pc? And a few others would be able to access it too depending on your connection of course.
Well if its just me then yeah it would be, however My friends do like to pop in and build and hang out, I just tend to be on by myself a lot because our work schedules and such are conflicting most of the time. I would run the server off of my pc (its got the hardware to do so no prob) but my internet connection is pretty crappy, and connecting to the server from anything other then lan is pretty bad 90% of the time.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I've found creeperhost to be one of the cheapest hosts. You should start out with 512mb or 1gb, then upgrade as needed. As you get more machines and explore the world more your tps will start to go down, when it gets low enough, 15tps for example, then upgrade to the next package and you'll hopefully get back up to 20tps. And I have a pretty good network speed usually about 10mbps down and just under 1mbps up and I can't get anymore than one other person without horrible lag and it wasn't the computer so I would really suggest not hosting from home.