Creation of "Lost Research Guide for Thaumcraft 4.1"

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
How would I go about getting the hidden research?

This thing here is a good guide to hidden researches.

The basic idea is that you scan certain things, with scribing tools & paper in your inventory. If you had previously scanned those things, but didn't get the hidden research because of whatever reason, then the only way to unlock the new research would be via Knowledge Fragments.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
This thing here is a good guide to hidden researches.

The basic idea is that you scan certain things, with scribing tools & paper in your inventory. If you had previously scanned those things, but didn't get the hidden research because of whatever reason, then the only way to unlock the new research would be via Knowledge Fragments.
Not anymore. Well, the need for scribing tools and paper while scanning things, that is. TC4 only. Now it's really just a matter of scanning things and when you want to research something, open your Thaumonomicon and with a set of scribing tools and some paper, get a write a note on the subject and take it to a table and connect the aspects. TC4 was connect the dots, and it wasn't that bad, but led to many dead researches, and constantly throwing away paper, ink, and aspects.

Spot on with the "if it doesn't give you a hint to a new research, try other things in that set, and if nothing gives it, make a lost research note with Knowledge Fragments".

will kelleher

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys! Really helped, I have unlocked the ichor and I can't seem to find out how to get the thaumoturges robes to get me discount vis as I need 144 of aspects in the arcane worktable for this thing anymore help please?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys! Really helped, I have unlocked the ichor and I can't seem to find out how to get the thaumoturges robes to get me discount vis as I need 144 of aspects in the arcane worktable for this thing anymore help please?
Welcome to hell, friend. You need to have thaumaturgist robes, goggles of reveling, and a focus with as great of a level of Frugal as you can muster(aka level 3), and of course the wand has to be a thamium bossed silverwood wand at minimum.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to hell, friend. You need to have thaumaturgist robes, goggles of reveling, and a focus with as great of a level of Frugal as you can muster(aka level 3), and of course the wand has to be a thamium bossed silverwood wand at minimum.

On a mildly off-topic note, have you seen the latest version of Thaumcraft, v4.1.1.9? Some of this stuff changes. Crafting scepters are added, which I assume are wands specialized for crafting. Frugal no longer affects crafting costs.

Also, new golem cores. Get hyped.

Koosemose

Jul 29, 2019
After a dreadfully long time without internet I'm back. Fortunately, before my absence I'm fairly certain I got this list into (i think) complete form. Now I just need to spiff it up and work on my presentation a bit.

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
You don't scan anything for bath salts, you just get to a certain level of perma Warp. When you see the message, "there must be something you can do about these headaches", then you unlocked it. Or something like that anyway.

Reactions: PierceSG