Creating EU through Infernal Furnace EXP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah thats sort of broken.

but then you don't need anything but the induction furnace, 9 gold, and a compressor to get all the exp you want.

Not a big deal. I can do the same thing with an empty, dark room and some buckets of water.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Not a big deal. I can do the same thing with an empty, dark room and some buckets of water.

True but sort of broken the sense it is not supposed to work like that. I'm fairly sure the creator of TE did not plan for this loop.

And the dark room also has some limits and other needed additions to create the XP.

Not saying it is OP in any sense of the word XP is probably the easiest thing in MC to farm unlimited amounts fairly easy.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
...Not saying it is OP in any sense of the word XP is probably the easiest thing in MC to farm unlimited amounts fairly easy.

*cough* endenic bees *cough*
an array of hives can make it so that you get to level 30 in seconds.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
But that's not automatic enough.
With wooden pipes pulling out drones and princesses, apiarists pipes sorting out items and bees, then inserting bees back into hives and doing something with the extra combs; I find that's pretty automatic

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
With wooden pipes pulling out drones and princesses, apiarists pipes sorting out items and bees, then inserting bees back into hives and doing something with the extra combs; I find that's pretty automatic

This is correct Bees are actual fairly easy to fully automate once you have stable strains that return at lest 1 princess and 1 drone each cycle.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
But you still have to actually stand in the area to get the experience.
Unless turtles can also get the experience?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
This is correct Bees are actual fairly easy to fully automate once you have stable strains that return at lest 1 princess and 1 drone each cycle.
The trick is just with getting the stable strains in the first place to be what you want. Becomes significantly easier once you've got the tier 2 (I think that's what they call them) genetic machines so you can inoculate them with the traits you want, but that still takes time to prepare each strain of bee up.[DOUBLEPOST=1364954712][/DOUBLEPOST]
But you still have to actually stand in the area to get the experience.
Unless turtles can also get the experience?
Only you i believe, but you can make it fast enough that you can't possibly enchant things faster than you get the levels, and if you make an enchanting table in the area of effect that they do, it's just as good as any other method

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Only you i believe, but you can make it fast enough that you can't possibly enchant things faster than you get the levels, and if you make an enchanting table in the area of effect that they do, it's just as good as any other method
If all you want to do is make tool enchantments for your own personal use, then yeah, that's more then enough.
But, if you want to turn it into a form of EU gen (like I intend to), then I doubt you'd want to be standing there 24/7 enchanting tool after tool after tool, then placing it in the absorbers, then taking them out, etc.

EDIT: Oh, and I recently found out that the Misc Peripheral method for taking experience out of furnaces seems to overlap with another method in the peripheral, making it impossible to actually use this idea...
Unless I'm being derpy and missing something.
EDIT2: Oh, well, you can always use getUp() or getDown(), I suppose...

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Me (to my 200 minions): He's being extremely clever up there and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!?!

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
*cough* endenic bees *cough*
an array of hives can make it so that you get to level 30 in seconds.

You should see DoctorOr's advancingcraft base. You gain about a level per 40 seconds standing within 100m of it. That's how stupid-out-of-control his edenic bees are.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
You should see DoctorOr's advancingcraft base. You gain about a level per 40 seconds standing within 100m of it. That's how stupid-out-of-control his edenic bees are.

Aww, after level 200 it takes a lot more than 40 seconds!

None are actually Edenic. I've stolen the effect trait from Edenic's as my "base bee" which for the most part I just re-stamp as new breeds based on the output I need.

Were I designing bees, I'd tie both effect and flower to the breed as well as the (current) comb output. Right now, all negative effects can be ignored because you can simply overwrite them, and all bees have whichever positive effect you want (which, should only be "Explorer")