Create AM2 Spells that mimic AM1 spells

Obelisk429

Jul 29, 2019
Two of my favorite spells from AM1 were Electrocute and Accelerate, and I've tried to recreate them in AM2 but to no avail.

The effects I want for Accelerate are in approximately a 5x5 area around you crops/grass grow faster. This also affected crop hydration and Natura berry bushes (all of the random block tick stuff it's supposed to do). I've tried Channel > Accelerate but that does nothing as far as I can tell. I've also tried Zone > AoE > Accelerate but that didn't do anything either.

The effects I want for Electrocute are just continuous lightning damage. I've tried Channel > Lightning Damage but that did absolutely nothing. I really don't know what else to try for this one.

And before anyone asks I made sure to use a quartz crafting altar with sunstone toppers just to be sure nothing would limit the outcome.

So, any suggestions? Is mimicking these spells even possible in AM2 or will I have to just make a passable alternative?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Accelerate affects machines' tick rates now. You want Grow.

Channel, unless otherwise stated, affects you. I believe the proper verbage is Beam - Channel - Lightning Damage to make a "force lightning" effect, but do remember that Channel spells must be continuously casted to do anything.

Obelisk429

Jul 29, 2019
But in the compendium it says that it doesn't affect tile entities. And I wanted Accelerate b/c in AM1 you could use it to make berries grow faster on fully grown bushes from Natura. I'll try out that Electrocute spell right now and tell you how it works.

Edit: So the Beam > Channel > Lightning Damage looks correct but for some reason it wasn't hitting anything that was in front of me.

Edit2: Tried just Beam > Lightning Damage and it looks like it works just fine. Doesn't have the weird arc-iness of the am1 electrocute spell but it's close enough for me, now I just need to get this accelerate spell to work

Last edited:

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Accelerate affects machines' tick rates now. You want Grow.

Channel, unless otherwise stated, affects you. I believe the proper verbage is Beam - Channel - Lightning Damage to make a "force lightning" effect, but do remember that Channel spells must be continuously casted to do anything.
Beam - Lighting would suffice in this instance, seeing as Beam is an upgraded version of Channel that is always a on target effect(unlike channel which can affect you if you are a valid target, and it only selects one target when making the spell, the least difficult one, so if it can target you, it does).[DOUBLEPOST=1391969677][/DOUBLEPOST]
But in the compendium it says that it doesn't affect tile entities. And I wanted Accelerate b/c in AM1 you could use it to make berries grow faster on fully grown bushes from Natura. I'll try out that Electrocute spell right now and tell you how it works.

Edit: So the Beam > Channel > Lightning Damage looks correct but for some reason it wasn't hitting anything that was in front of me.

Edit2: Tried just Beam > Lightning Damage and it looks like it works just fine. Doesn't have the weird arc-iness of the am1 electrocute spell but it's close enough for me, now I just need to get this accelerate spell to work
Assuming you just want things to grow quicker, try Projectile - Zone - Grow, which basically spams bonemeal where it hits. For making things go faster, replace Grow with Accelerate(note Acceleration!).

Obelisk429

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you just want things to grow quicker, try Projectile - Zone - Grow, which basically spams bonemeal where it hits. For making things go faster, replace Grow with Accelerate(note Acceleration!).

See Grow doesn't do anything with the Natura Oreberry/Essence berry bushes because they don't respond to bonemeal, that's why I liked accelerate in the previous one. And as far as I can tell I haven't been able to get accelerate to work at all with any configuration. I tried Projectile - Zone - Accelerate, and Zone - Projectile - Accelerate (b/c the inscription table told me I needed a targeting shape after zone) and neither did anything. I also tried Beam - Accelerate with and without Target Non-Solid Blocks (just to see if it would do anything). I can't get it working.

Any other suggestions?

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
Sigils work on those experience bushes, Im using one now and get 6 stacks of berries from 5 bushes in few hours... Just make the sigil stand and sigil itself and put it next to berre bushes. It affects 4x4 area but is upgradeable. Everything is explained in comdenium!

Obelisk429

Jul 29, 2019
Sigils work on those experience bushes, Im using one now and get 6 stacks of berries from 5 bushes in few hours... Just make the sigil stand and sigil itself and put it next to berre bushes. It affects 4x4 area but is upgradeable. Everything is explained in comdenium!
Awesome, thanks. I'll look into that. That sounds better than using a spell to manually grow them anyway.

Also a tip, you can use autonomous activators (or harvesters) to harvest the berries. We've had autonomous activators holding watering cans and it looks like it works to speed it up as well. I'm hoping to do that + sigil to get awesome berry yield.

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, thanks. I'll look into that. That sounds better than using a spell to manually grow them anyway.

Also a tip, you can use autonomous activators (or harvesters) to harvest the berries. We've had autonomous activators holding watering cans and it looks like it works to speed it up as well. I'm hoping to do that + sigil to get awesome berry yield.
Using watering cans atm is kind of exploit (depends on everyones point of view ofc), RWTema (the developer) has said those are fixed in the next version...

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, Byte Templar is right. The exploit is now nerfed, where the watering can is automatically destroyed when placed in an Autonomous Activator.

Obelisk429

Jul 29, 2019
Another quick question: In the arcane compendium for the Chain shape it says: "...the number of jumps can be increased by using Procs." Can anyone elaborate on this? B/c I haven't figured it out yet.