Crashing when entering/exiting portals

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandonclyon

Jul 29, 2019
Often when going in and out of the nether my client crashes. Here is the crash log.

Mindcrack Pack 8 - Win7 Home Premium - 8GB Ram

Code:
 Minecraft has crashed!     
      ----------------------     

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at soaryn.xycraft.machines.block.XyCraftWorldExtension.defer(XyCraftWorldExtension.java:246)
    at soaryn.xycraft.machines.block.XyCraftWorldExtension.addMultiBlock(XyCraftWorldExtension.java:57)
    at soaryn.xycraft.machines.block.XyCraftWorldExtension.handleDescriptionPacket(XyCraftWorldExtension.java:300)
    at soaryn.xycraft.machines.handler.MachineCPH.handlePacket(MachineCPH.java:23)
    at codechicken.xycraftcopy.core.packet.PacketCustom$ClientTinyPacketHandler.handle(PacketCustom.java:152)
    at codechicken.xycraftcopy.core.packet.PacketCustom$CustomTinyPacketHandler.handle(PacketCustom.java:168)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handleTinyPacket(NetworkRegistry.java:342)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket131Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:408)
    at ayh.a(NetClientHandler.java:1348)
    at cz.a(SourceFile:41)
    at cg.b(TcpConnection.java:458)
    at ayh.d(NetClientHandler.java:240)
    at ayp.b(WorldClient.java:92)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1874)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:848)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:773)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT b5e7ff01 ----------

TRayT

Jul 29, 2019
In the options tab of the FTB launcher, what is your "RAM Maximum (MB)" set to? Try leaving 1 to 2 GB free for system use (I would recommend 6 or 6.5GB on that slider in your case), and then report if the problem continues.

sorvance

Jul 29, 2019
This happens on my server as well.

Doesn't matter who, if they're online by themselves and attempt to go into the nether or twilight, the client crashes. When you restart the client, connect, you appear in the zone and everything is fine. We can go back to the overworld fine w/o any issues.

The weird thing is, if more that 1 person is online, you can go into the portals fine without any crashing.

I've ran the region fixer script on the world, and it hasn't found any corrupted chunks or anything with any of the world zones.

I can post a crash log if need be, but its the same one as posted above.

Running FTB Ultimate 1.1.2 (latest build) for Minecraft 1.4.7

Attachments

• crash-2013-06-14_21.59.09-client.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.