Closed Crashing due to Binnies? Loaded chunks not staying loaded

E

e30Birdy

Summary of the problem Crashing due to Binnies? Loaded chunks not staying loaded

Pack Version 1.12.2

What is the bug? I made a Binnie's diamond compartment to keep my bee's specie genetic templates stored and I log in go over there and game locks up and crashes.

Everytime i log on I have to reload all the chunks I was loading before. Noticed it due to flying from my base and then all of the sudden by dropping and almost dying.

Mod & Version Binnie Mods 1.12.2 2.5.0.106

Link to log file https://pastebin.com/Buvc86Cx

Is it repeatable? I don't know, it has happened 3 times in a row

Known Fix I wish I knew

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Looks like a rendering issue.

Can you remove the resource pack you use, restart your client and try again.

Post new log if it still fails.

E

e30Birdy

Ok will do that tomorrow. I am using f32 modded but will remove. It only seemed to happen when opening that binnies compartment.

E

e30Birdy

If you force your game to crash, it won't unload chunks.

What do you mean force it to crash? I just loaded in like normal and played normal. At the moment it is playing normal again.

V

Vyssi

What do you mean force it to crash? I just loaded in like normal and played normal. At the moment it is playing normal again.
You said that every time you log in you have to reload all chunks you were loading before. That happens if you leave your world normally. But when your game crashes and you log back in all your chunks are still loaded.

E

e30Birdy

You said that every time you log in you have to reload all chunks you were loading before. That happens if you leave your world normally. But when your game crashes and you log back in all your chunks are still loaded.

Well I really wish there was a chunk loader mod in here instead of having to force my game to crash. Maybe dimension anchors or so

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well I really wish there was a chunk loader mod in here instead of having to force my game to crash. Maybe dimension anchors or so
FTB Utilities has a chunkloading mechanism. Some people gripe about it but I really like it myself.

iirc its an icon on the left when you're looking at inventory. You can click chunks to "claim" them, and shift-click (I think) to chunkload them. They'll turn a different color when chunkloading, and I believe you can also see how many chunks you have loaded on the bottom (1/24 or w/e)

V

Vyssi

FTB Utilities has a chunkloading mechanism. Some people gripe about it but I really like it myself.

iirc its an icon on the left when you're looking at inventory. You can click chunks to "claim" them, and shift-click (I think) to chunkload them. They'll turn a different color when chunkloading, and I believe you can also see how many chunks you have loaded on the bottom (1/24 or w/e)
The problem with this is that whenever you leave your world and log back in, 0 chunks are loaded and you have to load them again.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The problem with this is that whenever you leave your world and log back in, 0 chunks are loaded and you have to load them again.
?
I'm probably missing the point here, but...of course nothing is loaded into memory before the game loads up. But once you do log in, FTB Utils should properly reload those chunks.

@e30Birdy you might need to brute force this: remove everything except Binnie's and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, keep adding mods back in until you find a combination that crashes.

(You can do this more quickly by adding/removing half of your mod list at a time until you narrow down the actual culprit)

E

e30Birdy

FTB Utils isnt reloading them, you have to go to every dimension and reload them yourself. I dont have many claimed but i would like my GP production and quarries to be loaded. I have been running for hours now with no crashes so i really dont get why it is going on

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
FTB Utils isnt reloading them, you have to go to every dimension and reload them yourself. I dont have many claimed but i would like my GP production and quarries to be loaded. I have been running for hours now with no crashes so i really dont get why it is going on
Just to be clear, are you using ftb utils to CLAIM chunks or CHUNKLOAD them? You need to shift-click chunks iirc if you want them chunkloaded, claiming isn't enough.

E

e30Birdy

Just to be clear, are you using ftb utils to CLAIM chunks or CHUNKLOAD them? You need to shift-click chunks iirc if you want them chunkloaded, claiming isn't enough.

Yes just like in every other pack. it even says at the bottom of the map how many chunks i have claimed and how many are chunkloaded. They just seemed to unload as a few others have said when i exit the game. Didnt know if that was normal behavior.

Also are Wither Skelli resturbed spawners disabled? Blaze worked fine but i used a spawner changer captured a withered skelli and changed the spawner, then i hit it with a drop of evil and it says it is a wither skelli spawner and it does not work, not in the nether for the overworld. and since I cant use reaper till I get a graconic sword it seems as it wont go onto my tinkers I dont know how else to really get skulls to make an automated wither setup.

Also another issue is that the RFtools screens keeps going back to default when i change dimensions. I make it bigger and see through, then i go to the nether and come back and it is back to default size and non see through.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes just like in every other pack. it even says at the bottom of the map how many chunks i have claimed and how many are chunkloaded. They just seemed to unload as a few others have said when i exit the game. Didnt know if that was normal behavior.
Thanks for clarifying, sorry I wasn't 100% sure we were on the same page there :)

Reactions: e30Birdy
E

e30Birdy

Thanks for clarifying, sorry I wasn't 100% sure we were on the same page there :)

No worries, I been playing packs for a long time and usually always have used FTB Utils as chicken chunks has corrupted worlds for me. Just still seem to have a lot of bugs with the pack but dont want to open another thread for them so i posted them all here

E

e30Birdy

Also are Wither Skelli resturbed spawners disabled? Blaze worked fine but i used a spawner changer captured a withered skelli and changed the spawner, then i hit it with a drop of evil and it says it is a wither skelli spawner and it does not work, not in the nether for the overworld. and since I cant use reaper till I get a draconic sword it seems as it wont go onto my tinkers I dont know how else to really get skulls to make an automated wither setup.

Also another issue is that the RFtools screens keeps going back to default when i change dimensions. I make it bigger and see through, then i go to the nether and come back and it is back to default size and non see through.

Got wither skellis to spawn all of a sudden when i logged on today. RFTools i found on reddit that you need to use the RFTools wrench and that is working too. Wish i would have known that one earlier

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Not able to reproduce this issue. By the looks of the log seems to be resource pack related.

E

e30Birdy

Even without the resource pack it has been happening.. no clue. I will just reload when it happens, thanks