Problem Crash when launching

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Recently updated my pack, and added a few mods and their prerequisites. My launcher crashes midway through the loading process and was wondering what could be causing the issue.

All I added was Blood Magic, Thaumcraft, Thermal Innovation, and Ender IO.

Was working fine before hand :(

Attachments

• crash-2018-05-07_03.01.14-client.txt
    47.7 KB · Views: 64

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
1) Disable the new mods and see if the pack still works
2) Re-enable the new mods one at a time and try loading. If the pack fails to load there's yer problem.
3) Repeat step 2 with another new mod.

Another thing to check is if there are any dependencies (library files) needed by the new mods.

The last idea (I haven't had coffee yet) is to verify that the new mods work with the version of Forge in the pack. They may need a newer version, but then you might run into that Forge version not being compatible with some older mods.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
"java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid id 4096 - maximum id range exceeded."

Your crash log tells you the problem:) Good news is there's a mod to massively increase this. I don't remember the exact name, but look around for something that extends IDs.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
"java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid id 4096 - maximum id range exceeded."

Your crash log tells you the problem:) Good news is there's a mod to massively increase this. I don't remember the exact name, but look around for something that extends IDs.

I will look into this. I thought 1.12 was supposed to give away with item conflicting since they are in config files no more.

Ill see what i can find

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I will look into this. I thought 1.12 was supposed to give away with item conflicting since they are in config files no more.

Ill see what i can find

It isn't an ID conflict ( 2 objects trying to use the same ID )...it's that there is an absolute maximum ID number, and something is trying to use an ID higher than that ( I think it's 0-4095, but you have an item trying to use 4096. Items are assigned their IDs dynamically now, so that would make sense. The IDs were filled 1 by 1 until there just wasn't any more room. ) I think this is in the name of keeping save file size to a minimum, thanks to the very strict limits of that on consoles. Disclaimer: I'm not highly familiar with this, so anyone more knowledgeable can feel free to correct me:)

NotEnoughIDs is the name of the mod I use to extend the ID limits btw. It does this for both Items and Blocks.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
It isn't an ID conflict ( 2 objects trying to use the same ID )...it's that there is an absolute maximum ID number, and something is trying to use an ID higher than that ( I think it's 0-4095, but you have an item trying to use 4096. Items are assigned their IDs dynamically now, so that would make sense. The IDs were filled 1 by 1 until there just wasn't any more room. ) I think this is in the name of keeping save file size to a minimum, thanks to the very strict limits of that on consoles. Disclaimer: I'm not highly familiar with this, so anyone more knowledgeable can feel free to correct me:)

NotEnoughIDs is the name of the mod I use to extend the ID limits btw. It does this for both Items and Blocks.

I will give it a shot when I get home. So does this mean in theory of course that there is no real limit on what mods can be added any more?

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I will give it a shot when I get home. So does this mean in theory of course that there is no real limit on what mods can be added any more?

There's ALWAYS a limit:) It is I believe 16 times higher now. I'm sure you could still find mods that eat all of that up, but it'll be a lot rarer.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
There's ALWAYS a limit:) It is I believe 16 times higher now. I'm sure you could still find mods that eat all of that up, but it'll be a lot rarer.

Not sure it'd be possible even with all 1.12 mods installed, lol. But I suppose I could always try someday, lol. Also, it does work :D

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013

The client side launcher goes up fine. However, my server crashes upon trying to load. Any idea what it could be?

Attachments

• crash-2018-05-08_04.41.06-server.txt
    32.8 KB · Views: 60

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Need the full forge mod. Multiple mods had errors, and so the individual errors aren't in the crash report.

Make sure you have removed client only mods from the server. Check for duplicates of mods. Make sure you have any required core/library mods. Also, do you have the correct Forge version for the mods?

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Need the full forge mod. Multiple mods had errors, and so the individual errors aren't in the crash report.

Make sure you have removed client only mods from the server. Check for duplicates of mods. Make sure you have any required core/library mods. Also, do you have the correct Forge version for the mods?

Client launches fine.

This is the "latest" file from the server directory. https://pastebin.com/iTpzGtNR

I'm gonna try one other thing. I'll let ya know.