Crash Upon Loading World (Ticking Memory Connection?)

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

AppleBottomKing

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Crash Upon Loading World (Ticking Memory Connection?)
Launcher Version:
Version 1.4.8
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Upon loading the world, the game crashes and kicks me out to the desktop. I've tried going through the crashlog and the FTB Tech Support archives in an attempt to figure out the issue but am unable to resolve it. I've tried updating java, removing certain mods, and re-installing FTB. World backups from about a month ago and new worlds work fine but the most current world is having issues. Thank you!

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Is new world is work ok?
try add " -XX: PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M" to start command.
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138) ~[EventBus.class:?]
java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking memory connection
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:101)
Try redownload pack.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Did you happen to encounter a sudden power-loss while playing in the world?

Usually "not in GZIP format" exceptions are caused by a corrupted file/s that are often a result when things go wrong (for example a sudden loss of power occurs)

Tho I'm not sure if LogisticsPipes even stores stuff in .gz, but it might be worth trying.

_TAKE A BACKUP OF THE WORLD AND PREFERABLY THE MODS_

Then, try removing/disabling LogisticsPipes temporarily and going to the world. It'll definitely remove all Log.Pipes things from there and it might even let you in, meaning the problem is indeed in Log.Pipes files

AppleBottomKing

Jul 29, 2019
Moasseman, you were spot on. The last time I was shutting down the server and closing the game, I turned off the power cord and cut power to soon.

I removed the LogisticPipes mod and the game is running smoothly once again.

Thank you both very much for your help!

kinomora

Jul 29, 2019
Oh! I'm having this exact same issue- "not a valid GZIP format" comes up in my logs, but I don't see how that has anything to do with LogisticsPipes? I'll try it and update this reply if it works.

Edit: disabling LogisticsPipes from the mod list did not allow me to load the world. It did load for longer, but still ended up crashing before letting me into the world and deleting the "logisticspipes" folder also didn't solve my issue

Last edited:

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Oh! I'm having this exact same issue- "not a valid GZIP format" comes up in my logs, but I don't see how that has anything to do with LogisticsPipes? I'll try it and update this reply if it works.

Edit: disabling LogisticsPipes from the mod list did not allow me to load the world. It did load for longer, but still ended up crashing before letting me into the world and deleting the "logisticspipes" folder also didn't solve my issue
"not a valid GZIP format" exception comes up when a .gz file is corrupted/unreadable. It's not always related to LogisticsPipes, but if you look at the logs he posted, you can see the stacktrace.

From the stacktrace:
  1. Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
  2. at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
  3. at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
  4. at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
  5. at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74796_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:29) ~[du.class:?]
  6. at logisticspipes.config.PlayerConfig.readFromFile(PlayerConfig.java:124) ~[PlayerConfig.class:0.9.2.29]
Another very common mod to go corrupted is EnderStorage, but to be sure we would need to see your logs. Please upload them to pastebin and link here.