Crash Landing PneumaticCraft question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I am making the various gadgets and things having to do with this chain. The one thing I am stumped on is how to get the various seeds. Two of the seeds I need asap are lightning, and squid.

Anyone able to help?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
lightning is gotten in the city or by a lightning strick

squid seeds you can get by killing squids (spawnable by making a classic salty watering hole I guess)

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
in the version before the cities were implemented, you could craft them by crafting grass seeds and dies together. Don't know if you can still do this, though.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
how the eff do you get past the first few days? I get heatstroke and die before i've gotten enough saplings to make two bottles of water.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
how the eff do you get past the first few days? I get heatstroke and die before i've gotten enough saplings to make two bottles of water.
You need to quickly transition away from using saplings. I for instance rarely use saplings for water. Push hard to get a slab furnace, use that to smelt iron for shears. Once you have the shears you can harvest leaf blocks. Whichever way you harvest the water from the leaf blocks you'll get a FAR higher harvest rate than crooking for saplings.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
You need to quickly transition away from using saplings. I for instance rarely use saplings for water. Push hard to get a slab furnace, use that to smelt iron for shears. Once you have the shears you can harvest leaf blocks. Whichever way you harvest the water from the leaf blocks you'll get a FAR higher harvest rate than crooking for saplings.

I take it the "What went before" exposition quest is nothing but a trap to the unwary? The object "glinting in the sun" is over 600m away.

And that pyrotheum? Should I even try and close up the spill? or just stay the eff away from it? My last attempt i was overheating rapidly in my shuttle despite being well hydrated (on my last bottle of cold water)...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I take it the "What went before" exposition quest is nothing but a trap to the unwary? The object "glinting in the sun" is over 600m away.

And that pyrotheum? Should I even try and close up the spill? or just stay the eff away from it? My last attempt i was overheating rapidly in my shuttle despite being well hydrated (on my last bottle of cold water)...
Definitely definitely ignore that wander-in-the-desert quest for now. Its certainly an unwitting trap for the unwary.

For the pyrotheum: A lot of people block it up asap. Once you have a bucket of some sort, you can scoop it up and stash it away safely.

Focus on the early quest rewards, which feature a lot of critical resources (including food and water). You'll get your first sapling almost immediately (when you pick either the easy or hard route). Chop that tree 2-3 times in your first day if possible.

Where is even that city you are takling about?
There are cities all over the place. I think most people find one 400m directly (north?) of the ship. Straightaway from the door to the ship anyway. Mine featured 2 or 3 TiCo buildings, and no BigReactor buildings.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the wander in the dust quest didn't get updated from 1.1.1 not high on anyone's list to complete. I think my comrade answered your questions fully

Reactions: Pyure

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Is there a way to automate the planting/harvesting of plants? Rather than doing it by hand with bone meal?