Windows .exe Crash after download any mod pack (did not test the brony pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry to post this as I am not the one with the problem my freind is but I am trying to help him out so I'm posting this as a last resort

My freind he has tried to run every pack in feed the beast with the .exe and the .jar but it will continue to crash after it has downloaded it seems to have a 90% chance to crash after the first download and a 100% to crash on any updates for the pack

what we have tried through skype

we lowered the ram by 512M to the max allocation
we have added 1G of ram to the max allocation
we have tried to run it through admin
we have disable his virus programs both of them at least i think they were disabled
we deleted the feed the beast folder in app data and all of the packs and done a redowload

It is to the point where he feels he should just restart his computer with ubuntu

I do not have a crash log on hand but I hope this information may be of some help to you

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Please post your entire client side console log on pastebin.com and link your paste URL here. This is the other window that is opened by the FTB launcher. Please post any and all other logs you can provide to pastebin.com and link those as well. Logs are much easier to read when uploaded to pastebin. To prevent future issues, such as pastebin flagging your log as spam and deleting it, it is simplest to create an account on pastebin.com and use that account to upload your logs.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Firstly, having more then one anti virus program with real time protection installed at any time can cause all sorts of problems.
So i'd strongly reccomand picking a favourite and uninstalling the other (unless one of the is on demand only)

There are many things that could cause this so without a log it will just be guessing.
But i've seen simulare issues beeing caused by anti virus programs putting files in sandbox mode.
I've also seen it caused by having non english letters in the filepath of minecraft or in the windows username.

Status
Not open for further replies.