Crappy PC

loleq80

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome
I have great respect for all mod developers for understanding even a little java and for doing a great work.
I watched a lot of video and stream of slowpoke/jaded/direwolf playing on their modpack. So at last i wanted to give it a try. I always used just 1, 2 big mods at a time so it wass time to move onto something bigger. Unfortunately i have just kind of a woode pc: http://pastebin.com/6RAS1UcB

SO i have a question to any of you that could provide useful info for me. Is it possible for me to play any of the 1.6. mod packs with that pc of mice ? if yes then with what java arguments ? I trieds FTB Lite just for testing. it gave me:
Could not reserve enough space for object heap.
With minmemory:256 and maxmemory 1024 should it gave me that line ? I thought that it should work wih 1Gb :<

Pyrocantaes

Jul 29, 2019
I have a dual core 2.1ghz athlon with an AGP8 Nvidia HD6850 graphics card and due to a motherboard fault can't have more than 2ghz ram installed.
The MC 1.5.2 packs run okay(ish) with optifine installed.
Of the 1.6.4 packs I have only tried the Horizons modpack.. and needed to install FPSPlus to get it to run..
Even vanilla 1.7.4 won't run smoothly.. so a lot of the issues are not related to the mod packs themselves, but rather to the poor coding in the vanilla engine.. it's network and memory management are really poor.. just be prepared for hangups due to "memory management overloaded.. processed 2500 packets.. still nnnn to go" where nnnn can be anything between 200+ and 4000+".
Turn all the vidoe settings down to their minimum, save/pause often, and keep task manager on your hotbar, so you can kill java if it really does hang totally(it also allows you to watch for cpu troughs.. if the cpu usage drops to a few % and stays there for more than 30 seconds minecraft's internal server has hung, and you'll need to terminate the process with task manager.)

loleq80

Jul 29, 2019
I have my task manager priority to "real time" i can turn it on as long as my pc does not hang up completly.

And dont have problems with vanilia 1.7.4. on render distance normal it works with steady 25 FPS for me. I'll try old magic farm, will try to install optifine for it. i hope that it will work. And as soon as i stop gather money for repair my car i will start to gather it for new pc ;)

loleq80

Jul 29, 2019
I found an issue. When add optifine to corresponded version into modpack by "add mod" button nothing happening. Game works just like i didnt do it at all. I'm trying it at RPG immersion ATM.
Do i need to go into gamejar and put optifine into it myself ?

@edit: also i want to add that i was able to play the old tekkit at stable 25 FPS too so thats why i am very sad that i can't play FTB modpacks

Last edited:

loleq80

Jul 29, 2019
:O but on my private server i have: actual version of musiccraft, thaumcraft 4.0.5b thaumcraft (actual one) Tinkerers construct and on top of that i use optifine. Without it i would not be able to play it with good FPS.
It cant be TC that's not compatibile. Also older version optifine required to be put inside minecraft.jar to work. not mod's folder... I need to work some time on it after christmas.