Crafting Mariculture Magnesium

modctek

Jul 29, 2019
In the latest version of Mariculture, the in-game book says that in order to create Magnesium I need to combine 16000 mB of Water with 24000 mB of Quicklime in a Vat. Except the vat only holds 12000 mB of anything. What am I missing?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You can put 4 vats together to make a large one. Just place them in a 2 x2 pattern and they will connect.

modctek

Jul 29, 2019
Wow. I would have never figures that one put on my own. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind this gives you an unknown magnelish(sic) dust, which has a chance to get you magnesium, but also a couple other ores. It's a bit of a pain, but still worth it.

Thomas Junker

Jul 29, 2019
on the same topic as this..
im trying to get some magnesium dust on FTB monster pack..
i've worked my way through roughly 25 stacks of limestone (melted in the Crucible furnace)
and mixed the quicklime with water, and gotten the unknown magnesiish dust..

but whenever i melt them in the crucible again, i have 100% chance of SALT..
its the ONLY thing i've gotten so far..

is it just me, or is there something i'm doing wrong??

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
on the same topic as this..
im trying to get some magnesium dust on FTB monster pack..
i've worked my way through roughly 25 stacks of limestone (melted in the Crucible furnace)
and mixed the quicklime with water, and gotten the unknown magnesiish dust..

but whenever i melt them in the crucible again, i have 100% chance of SALT..
its the ONLY thing i've gotten so far..

is it just me, or is there something i'm doing wrong??
It gives the salt as a 100%, but that is a side benefit. You should be getting liquid metals in addition to that salt. There is a couple metals you can get from this process, but magnesium is common enough.

Also, as a side note, don't use the limestone itself, even if you smelt it into smooth limestone(which gives a full bucket instead of 900 mB); make planning chalk with it(takes two limestone and a bit of bonemeal). It gives you 2,500 mB instead of the 2,000 mB from smooth limestone proper.

Thomas Junker

Jul 29, 2019
It gives the salt as a 100%, but that is a side benefit. You should be getting liquid metals in addition to that salt. There is a couple metals you can get from this process, but magnesium is common enough.

Also, as a side note, don't use the limestone itself, even if you smelt it into smooth limestone(which gives a full bucket instead of 900 mB); make planning chalk with it(takes two limestone and a bit of bonemeal). It gives you 2,500 mB instead of the 2,000 mB from smooth limestone proper.

never got any metal from smelting them.. only the salt :(

will have to try making the planning chalk with the next batch of limestone i find :D

thanks for the reply :)