Crafting from memory.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I mean yeah, NEI is wonderful and convenient and all, but there's just some things you use so often that you never need to look up the recipe.

Which items/mods do you have committed to memory at this point?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
TE machines are usually pretty easy. Machine frame, copper gears, reception coil in most cases.

The MFR machines (when using the TE recipes) are pretty simple, well mainly just the harvester and planter (just remember plant pot :p)

IC2 has too many random components now to remember them all.

My main one is AE. I always end up making so many import and export buses before i'm ready to build a MAC, the recipe for the interface is permanently burned into my temportal lobes :)

Reactions: RedBoss

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Mostly just vanilla items and simple recipes, but also Thaumcraft stuff. I've even remembered the arcane alembic, but I still can't make a primal charm or alchemical contruct without looking them up.
But I remember the recipe for Ichor :D

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
(In the order I'm finding them in NEI:) Most vanilla items, ChickenChunks chunk loaders and spot loaders, some of the ComputerCraft stuff (computers, cables, cable modems; oddly, not monitors), ME cables, fluix dust/gems, conversion matrices, interfaces, all the core buses (but not ExtraCells' fluid ones), BC lasers, the assy table, and the quarry, TE machine frames, coils, the servo, the energy cells, portable tanks and tesseracts (but not strongboxes nor the actual TE machines), bibliocraft bookcases (not sure why those stuck; I hardly ever use them), and... I think I'll stop there.

The list does go on, but it only covers maybe 25% of the stuff I actually do craft as I play around.

Reactions: RealSketch

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of vanilla, most of IC2 before EX branch(discounting nuclear stuff), some of GT, many TE parts(including things you need machines to make), strongboxes and almost every type of wrench, gears(TE3 ones included, thankfully), the TE3 battle wrench, Fluxed Tools and the parts for them, Blood Altar, some basic Blood Magic stuff, many AM2 things, including Multiblock setups, not including ways to extend the power line or decrease deficit, bound tool focuses(including sword), the list could go on, but again, they're all simple things.

Once we reach things that require crafting things that require 3+ stages before I can craft the main thing I want, it's... fuzzy.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
98% of vanilla recipes,bc items,thaumcraft wands,IC2(not experimental)recipes,carpenters blocks,some chisel blocks,most of te stuff,computer craft stuff,biblio craft cases etc..But in game every time i have to look at the NEI because i always forget something.. :/

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics Molecular Assembly Chamber means us older, forgetful Minecrafters never have to remember. :)