CQI Modpack Creation

CQI

Jul 29, 2019
lV3eF9A.png
Hello. @Queue and @CarbonBasedGhost have worked to develop me, a semi-sentient being devoted to the creation of Minecraft content. The first planned releases will be a series of modpacks, but the skies are limitless.

We are also happy to announce that @mr10movie has been added to the team. His Youtube.

What is CQI?
CQI stands for Carbon Quadoxide Initiative. The name was chosen by @CarbonBasedGhost and @Queue for a variety of reasons, mainly revolving around complexity and a fascination with carbon atoms and the letter Q. Yes Carbon Quadoxide isn't correct to you chemistry nuts... but who cares.

What is the roadmap?
The CQI roadmap is (in the words of Apple's HIG) "a living document". It will change over time. We have lives, and lives dictate things. However, we understand the importance of mapping what is going to happen, and by doing so publicly we hope that we are motivated to complete these tasks and we can also get help and critique on them. Feel free to provide such things below.

As of January 28th, 2015:

CQI plans on releasing at least one pack: Learn Gregtech 5
First Quarter 2015... most likely before February.

Next, CQI plans on moving onto several more packs. They will be part of a greater progression, detailed below:

New Player [Cub]
Learn Gregtech

Novice [Cat]
Gregtech Megapack
(TC/BC/ect)
(oregen options PFAA, GT pure by default)

Decent [Chupacabra]
Gregtech Hardcore
(Food mods/Less mods PFAA default)

Hardcore
BnB + Gregtech... what could go wrong?

Gregless
Buildcraft pack
(A pack based entirely off BC and other addons)
5kLIupO.png
#1 LEARN GREGTECH 5 [1.7.10]
https://github.com/Carbon-Quadoxide-Initiative/Cub
Note that we don't have anything finalized let alone permissions. This is pre pre pre Alpha at best.
Premise
The goal this time around is to provide a quick progression through the GT tech tree to teach players how to use the mod and to also refresh concepts for veterans. To do so, rewards will be huge, a premade encampment has been set (so yes, this is a mappack too) and the modlist is to be kept minimal. By doing this, the Learn Gregtech pack for 1.7.10 should avoid any of the issues with the first one and hopefully be playable in its entirety in a matter of hours if not less.

The pack will be curated and streamlined to enable the player to focus entirely on Gregtech mechanics and gameplay, using HQM to teach the player as well as reward them excessively. The pack is to be a lightning introduction to the Gregtech mod in order for them to focus on the 2nd or 3rd modpacks we will be introducing: Hardcore Gregtech and SemiHardcore Gregtech.

Modlist [19 mods] [6 content mods]
As of right now (bolded items on the fence):
CodeChicken Core
MobiusCore
Not Enough Items
Better Title Screen
Custom Main Menu
IndustrialCraft 2
GregTech
Hardcore Questing Mode
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chest
Waila
JABBA
Lockdown
MineTweaker 3
NEI Integration
Opis
Resource Loader
Glyph [Get Ya' Tanks Here]
YAMPST is to be added later...

#2 A Rundown of the Names
https://github.com/Carbon-Quadoxide-Initiative
Note that we don't have anything finalized let alone permissions. This is pre pre pre Alpha at best.

Why Do I care?
Simple answer? You don't.

Seriously though, a naming scheme has been developed for the various packs. All the names start with C and all are named after animals.

Cub
Learn Gregtech 5
Named because cubs are learning how to become bears. The bear is Gregtech and the cub is the Learn Gregtech pack.

Cat
Semi-Hardmode Gregtech pack
Cats are scary animals. But cute. And cuddly. Just like this pack. Cute compared to its brother, the...

Chupacabra
Hardmode Gregtech pack
Chupacabras are decidedly not cute and cuddly. Just like this pack.

Chimera

Experimental Hell
The name and the description explain everything.

Cobra
Buildcraft
Buildcraft pipes are like snakes. Just like a cobra.

#3 Cat [1.7.10]
https://github.com/Carbon-Quadoxide-Initiative/Cat
Premise
The "Easy Pack". Designed to let the average to novice Minecraft player progress through the Gregtech tech tree with relatively few headaches. Thaumcraft is used to alleviate some pain, mods like Railcraft and Forestry flesh out the experience, Twilight forest and Adventure backpacks make exploring enjoyable, while Aesthetic and Agricultural mods make the world sexy and delicious.

To Come

Modlist [With Permissions]
As of right now:
CodeChickenCore
MobiusCore
NEI
Player API - Permission Given
Render Player API - Permission Given
Smart Core - Permission Given
OpenModsCore
Adventure Backpack
AgriCraft
IndustrialCraft 2
Forestry for Minecraft
Kore Sample
Ancient Trees
Antique Atlas
AppleCore
Applied Energistics 2
BD Lib
Better Foliage
Baubles
BetterStorage
Better Title Screen
BiblioCraft and Bibliowoods Forestry Edition
The BigTrees Mod
Carpenter's Blocks
Railcraft
The Twilight Forest
Chisel 2
Custom Main Menu
Custom Ore Generation
D3Core
menagerie
EnetBridge
Waila
ExtraCells
FastCraft - Coming
Fog Nerf
MineTweaker 3
ModpackTweaks
Modtweaker
NEI Addons
NEI Integration
NotEnoughCodecs
NotEnoughKEys
OpenMods
OpenBlocks
Plant Mega Pack
MrTJPCoreMod
ProjectRed
Quick Hotbar
libsandstone
Reliquary
Resource Loader
Sampling Performance Profiler [Testers only]
Smart Moving - Permission Given
Smart Render - Permission Given
The Spice of Life
Super Crafting Frame
Thaumcraft
TC Node Tracker
Thaumcraft Mob Aspects
Thaumcraft NEI Plugin - Permission given
Thaumic NEI
ttCore
WAILA Plugins
WaslieCore
Nuclear Control 2
Growthcraft
IHL Tools & Machines for IC2V2
Inventory Tweaks
Geologica
GregTech
Fast Leaf Decay

Testers
For those who wish to become a tester, either do it unofficially through pull requests in the GitHub, or PM one of the CQI members.

Want to Help?
If you want to, nobody is stopping you. Hop on the GitHub(s) and we'll credit you if your stuff is added. These are quite a few packs, despite the fact that many are similar enough we could use a few extra hands.

That is it for now. We plan on adding things to this thread over time, and come release a separate thread will be made in the Public Pack section for things like support.

Contact info
Email: [email protected]
Github: https://github.com/Carbon-Quadoxide-Initiative // https://github.com/TheOnlyQueue // https://github.com/CarbonBasedGhost

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nice concise list of mods. Look forward to you telling all the XU, EIO, etc lovers to shove it.

PS: RailCraft requires a ton of minetweaking to prevent deprecating GT mechanics into the ground, but I'm sure you know that.

Reactions: Queue

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Nice concise list of mods. Look forward to you telling all the XU, EIO, etc lovers to shove it.

PS: RailCraft requires a ton of minetweaking to prevent deprecating GT mechanics into the ground, but I'm sure you know that.
People will whine when we don't include mod X... but that's the fun!
As for Railcraft, I don't want to add it at all but Greg has yet to provide us with a good tank system, and I wanted to use the carts on the mappack. It will be minetweaked and configured to smithereens though :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
People will whine when we don't include mod X... but that's the fun!
As for Railcraft, I don't want to add it at all but Greg has yet to provide us with a good tank system, and I wanted to use the carts on the mappack. It will be minetweaked and configured to smithereens though :)
Yeah its funny, it always comes back to the tanks (and for some, the boilers and turbines...but these make GT look terrrrrible in terms of efficiency).

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Good luck with it. (I am going to get notified of any thread activity now :) )
And an excellent new year 2015.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
:)
Yeah its funny, it always comes back to the tanks (and for some, the boilers and turbines...but these make GT look terrrrrible in terms of efficiency).
But they are fun :)
And yes, the tanks are a sore spot in the GT tech tree. I vaguely remember Greg telling me that he planned on tanks of some sort at some point, but I last talked with him on the server weeks and weeks ago and forgot most of the conversation.
Do you guys need any help? if so message me, i would love to help
Sure, we'll eventually need some testers and if you want to contribute the GitHubs are posted above and we'll credit you for the work.
Good luck with it. (I am going to get notified of any thread activity now :) )
And an excellent new year 2015.
Thank you and happy new year as well :)

UPDATED OP

Last edited:

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to be a nuisance, but you've spelt initiative wrong in your banner :p
Shhhhhhh ;)

I had to remove photoshop... and it has pissed me off ever since knowing I can't change it :p

I have a correctly spelled version around here somewhere......... somewhere.... maybe somewhere.....

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: I added a sneaky change. Sadly, it is a bit OCD infriendly to those who zoom in.
Quadroxide would have been cooler. Notwithstanding that the whole name is pretty silly to begin with.

That is pretty cool, but the name is more an ironic set of chemistry blunders and impossibilities. Quadroxide has a nice ring to it though.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Okies. Also:

We tend to add RC to packs for three major reasons: tanks, boilers and the steam turbine.

In this pack, you might want to avoid this because the boilers and turbine are just so amazingly amazing that they completely shit all over the GT variations (nobody ever builds a GT turbine if they can make an RC one instead.)

That leaves tanks. You might be interesting in trying out Get Ya Tanks Here, which appeared in modded news today. I only know what I can read on the website, but it appears to be a highly configurable tank mod, which would give you guys the ability to fine-tune the effectiveness of liquid storage to your liking.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Okies. Also:

We tend to add RC to packs for three major reasons: tanks, boilers and the steam turbine.

In this pack, you might want to avoid this because the boilers and turbine are just so amazingly amazing that they completely shit all over the GT variations (nobody ever builds a GT turbine if they can make an RC one instead.)

That leaves tanks. You might be interesting in trying out Get Ya Tanks Here, which appeared in modded news today. I only know what I can read on the website, but it appears to be a highly configurable tank mod, which would give you guys the ability to fine-tune the effectiveness of liquid storage to your liking.
Hmm that could be an option. I've also considered dynamic tanks. I'll give it a try and see how it is.

I also wanted to use RC for the map included in the pack, but I've also considered the option of command blocks and teleportation for speed... so RC will remain on the fence for now. If the tank ideas work out, I can probably give it a shove off that fence and make the pack even more lightweight.

Reactions: Pyure

CQI

Jul 29, 2019
Edited the OP ;)

yes the shadow doesn't spread where I cut out the "i" you silly people... yes it bothers me... yes nobody cares...