couple of quick questions

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
First off, in your opinion, what is the best way to really get started with modded Minecraft? I have no interest in vanilla, as it was the mods that got me into Minecraft to begin with. I have played it off and on for several months, but tend to restart a lot. I'm looking to not get to overwhelmed all at once.

Is there a way to disable the teleport functions of the waypoints in VoxelMap? Also, say I want gregtech in the DireWolf 1.5 pack. Is it a simple drop in, or do I have to mess with the config?

Any insight from the community is appreciated.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
A really good way to get started is to watch DireWolf20's single player Let's Plays, Season 5 was the most recent one. He does a lot of his stuff tutorial style and uses a variety of mods, which gives you a good idea about the possibilities.

For adding GregTech, please search the forum. There are a number of threads about the necessary adjustments.

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah DireWolf20's videos is what convinced me to get Minecraft actually. I really enjoy his videos. I'll look for the info on GT. Thanks.

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
GT will just depend on whether item ID's conflict or not. You may have to change a couple, but it shouldn't be overly complicated. Just be aware that with the standard configs on GT make the game significantly more grindy.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Tinker's Construct is THE mod to start with--it makes the entire pre-tech portion of modded Minecraft much more interesting. ;) (It also helps that you start the game with its book in your pocket. :p )

My general path goes Basic hovel -> Tinker's Construct -> IC2 Iron Furnace -> AE Quartz Grindstone (stone age ore doubling) -> EE3 Minium Stone -> Thermal Expansion/Dartcraft -> Forestry/Thaumcraft -> ???
It's not as tech-heavy as some others' paths, but it does a fair job of dragging me through several mods' territory, especially since my main activity in Forestry involves bees (which means running around in search of beehives). Redstone tends to be my chokepoint resource--I tend to wait until I have Fortune on an iron pick before I'll mine it, and even then I will ALWAYS find myself running short. ;)

Reactions: SpitefulFox