Cost of all the diamonds in the MC world

whyistheskyblue

Jul 29, 2019
Using data i can release if anyone cares i calculate that there are 4838888889 diamond blocks worth of diamonds in the minecraft world. according to yahoo answers the density of diamonds is around 3500kg/m³ since in minecraft they are blue diamonds not white this means the price for a mined blue diamond per carat according to the top website could fetch $100 000 using this figure 1kg of the stuff could fetch $500 000 000. so multiply that by 3500 and you get the cost of a block which is a massive $175 000 000 000 0.then with the number of blocks in the world we can work out that on average with quite a large margin of error due to rounding the cost of all the diamonds in the minecraft world adds up to $846 805 555 575 000 000 000 0. so yeah big number yes im using USD[DOUBLEPOST=1375650741][/DOUBLEPOST]please note i did not check my data more than once and am using data from the internet so it could be off. also rounding errors mean this figure could be quite far off

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Not even real diamonds are worth that much. The prices are kept artificially inflated by keeping as much diamonds off-market as possible while keeping pace with demand.

Also, if you were to introduce even a single diamond block to the real world market, diamond prices would probably be cut by a significant margin. Introduce a single stack of diamond blocks and you would likely crash the diamond market making them nearly worthless.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Not even real diamonds are worth that much. The prices are kept artificially inflated by keeping as much diamonds off-market as possible while keeping pace with demand.

Also, if you were to introduce even a single diamond block to the real world market, diamond prices would probably be cut by a significant margin. Introduce a single stack of diamond blocks and you would likely crash the diamond market making them nearly worthless.

Unless you're under communism, and diamonds have a fixed price. :p

I know people won't buy them under communism, but lets just say.

Reactions: rymmie1981

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Considering you would have to dig them up, And they're randomly distributed... And a few other factors i'm forgetting that would negatively impact the chances of this number mattering in real life, But this isnt real life, It's minecraft :D!

Plus diamonds are artificailly inflated in price and bla bla bla

whyistheskyblue

Jul 29, 2019
i know this. with the sheer amount of diamonds being mined the worth would drop to near nothing but its just something to think about