Solved Corrupted world

DoctorSLO

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys.

On my server there is alot of corrupted chunks. I don't know how the corruption happens, but server crashes everytime when someone joins and it's logged in the corrupted chunk. The solution I found is to delete region files.
But I want to know why this happens.

I am using MCPC build, Ultimate mod pack version 1.0.1.

Crash from server log: http://pastebin.com/Nw10YX9U
Crash report: http://pastebin.com/pFWbVmQt

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
What version of MCPC+ are you using? (I would suggest #15 Legacy)

Deleting region files is a bit excessive, you can use an NBTExplorer to locate and delete the actual chunk (takes abit of testing,take a back up of the region file, delete chunks until your crash stops, once you have found the corrupt chunk, restore the back up, delete the corrupt chunk and replace/reupload the edited region file)

Unfortunately until MCPC+ and Ultimate squash some of the bugs, this may keep happening on occasion. Thankfully its not all that common.

CoRePuLsE

Jul 29, 2019
What version of MCPC+ are you using? (I would suggest #15 Legacy)

Deleting region files is a bit excessive, you can use an NBTExplorer to locate and delete the actual chunk (takes abit of testing,take a back up of the region file, delete chunks until your crash stops, once you have found the corrupt chunk, restore the back up, delete the corrupt chunk and replace/reupload the edited region file)

Unfortunately until MCPC+ and Ultimate squash some of the bugs, this may keep happening on occasion. Thankfully its not all that common.
Just to add to that, you could also use the latest dev version of MCEdit, just make sure that you're only using the chunk selection tool to delete the chunks and you don't modify single blocks or else it might cause some strange stuff to happen

DoctorSLO

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated to MCPC #22 legacy when I posted that topic and it seems like that solved the problem (no more new coruptions)

Thanks, I'll try to edit the region file when that happens again.