Copper Ore Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Trantix

Jul 29, 2019
I've been needing tons of copper (thanks to gregtech...) for just a couple of machines. I keep running out so I want to strip mine for it for a lack of caves high up enough. I was wondering if anyone new what a good level to strip mine for copper is. I am playing the Mindcrack FTB pack. Not sure what the spawning is for copper, but I think it might use the thermal expansion one. Thanks.

Lisranda

Jul 29, 2019
IndustrialCraft2 copper generation is layres 10 to 70 in medium sized veins.

Thermal Expansion ore generation (probably the case for you) is layers 40 to 75 with more normalized sized chunks of 4-7 or so each.

These can be set in the configs though -- so to be 100% certain, you can check those.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I centrifuge my own generated lava for most of my copper needs. Though that is a bit further down the line, it's always something to consider. Nuclear power is heavy on the copper which is why I'm stocking up for when I begin those projects.

Trantix

Jul 29, 2019
I centrifuge my own generated lava for most of my copper needs. Though that is a bit further down the line, it's always something to consider. Nuclear power is heavy on the copper which is why I'm stocking up for when I begin those projects.

I actually have tons of most other ores. It's just copper that I can't seem to get a lot. I'll look into the lava way. I had forgotten that you get copper from lava. Thank you.[DOUBLEPOST=1374727377][/DOUBLEPOST]
IndustrialCraft2 copper generation is layres 10 to 70 in medium sized veins.

Thermal Expansion ore generation (probably the case for you) is layers 40 to 75 with more normalized sized chunks of 4-7 or so each.

These can be set in the configs though -- so to be 100% certain, you can check those.

Thank you for your info. The layers 40-75 sounds about right, but I wanted to be sure.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
This is what Greg pretty much expects you to do. Centrifuging lava gets you "infinite" copper, tin, electrum and tungsten. So you either do that or have hard time.