Copper: Insanely Hard to Get

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a server. Basic settings for Ultimate, going fine, only it seems copper is insanely hard to get. I decided to deal with it, not changing anything, and went through the game with the limited copper, saving every ore till I got an industrial grinder to triple them. took a lot of wok, but I did it. Anyways, to test a theory, I went and made a Mystcraft book with 10 Dense Ore pages, flat terrain, and Meadows and crystals.

So, I take out a quarry and spawn in a few redstone cells, and here is what I got:

Lots of vanilla ores, almost NO mod ores. I got eight. EIGHT COPPER from a standard size quarry. Where, as you can see, I got a STACK AND A HALF of diamonds.

This isn't natural. Either dense ores is bugged, or copper is WAY too hard to get. What do I need to change to balance it right now until a fix can be done?

Attachments

• 2013-04-10_00.47.23.png
    2013-04-10_00.47.23.png
    241.7 KB · Views: 209

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not particularly well versed in Mystcraft, but I think I remember reading that modded ores are not affected by the dense ores symbol.

As for copper rarity in the overworld, what y-levels have you been mining at?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
It works fine for me with a stone pick. No wok required!

Seriously though, copper only spawns fairly high. A quarry isn't really the best way to go about it. And you shouldn't really be quarrying diamonds either: you want to silk touch that stuff and use one of the various multiplication methods, such as an industrial grinder or fortune, depending on what you need.

[edit] Memorian says it best.

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
Mod ores are not affected by dense ores, infact adding to many dense ore symbols reduces the chance of some mod ores because the vanilla ores spawn crazy and leave no room for the modded ones

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
get a industrial centrifuge and run some lava into it.... the most OP thing I have come across. Macerate the electrum ignots that come as a by product, get the gold, transmute that into diamonds..... never mine again. Screw old school power flowers, I have my own new power flower all thanks to GregTech.... and someone was saying it balances stuff pshhhhh.

Reactions: Whovian and RedBoss

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
I know how copper only spawns high, between levels 40-75. But still... it's pretty rare, at least when I try hunting for it. I wish there was a way to transmute other ores into it. >.<

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
The idea when testing anything is to eliminate variables and influence whenever possible. Doing the test in a Mystcraft age with multiple Dense Ore symbols is the antithesis of that.

I haven't had any difficulty finding copper in my world (Ultimate w/o GregTech). I'd go so far as to say that all staple resources seem in line with what they should be.

Reactions: EternalDensity

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, alright. Well, can I have some advice here, then? So I don't have to open an entirely new thread. Are Nitro Fuels worth it? Is it worth it to turn Diesel into Nitro-Fuel? It's only a 70k increase in EU rate...

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft allows you to transmute stuff into copper? But doesn't that cost a lot of flux?
You can make copper with Thaumcraft. Or tin, or iron, or gold, or silver, or gunpowder (but that's another thread).

I'm not sure what you mean by costing flux. If you don't do it right you can generate flux, which is bad, but flux isn't a cost.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Corroded bees. Once I made me a Corroded super bee I never needed to worry about copper and its stupid generation height again.

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I mean costing flux as in it indeed generates flux. Is there a recipie that makes it so it doesn't generate any flux at all?

Xikulis

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to remember a comparison chart of mod ore spawning a while ago between BC/IC2 and TE and it showed TE (which is what the default for DW20 and I believe ultimate at least were using) was seriously lacking copper compared to IC2.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
it costs vis to transmute with Thaumcraft, and a lot of vis usage will generate a bit of flux until the vis has balanced itself out again. Not ideal for mass production, but useful if you need a bit of ore in a rush.

Reactions: EternalDensity

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I have a lot of copper despite using hundreds to build a forestry multiblock farm, and make bronze for other stuff (with the IC2 bronze recipe). I haven't been to a dense ores world, have you tried doing some caving in the overworld rather than quarrying?

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, alright. Well, can I have some advice here, then? So I don't have to open an entirely new thread. Are Nitro Fuels worth it? Is it worth it to turn Diesel into Nitro-Fuel? It's only a 70k increase in EU rate...
Ummm did you not read my post? Industrial Cent some lava.... I have to much copper.....

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Tin was my bottleneck early on in dw20, after awhile it became copper and has stayed that way. Lots of alternative ways to obtain copper once you're midgame, though.