Copper: Insanely Hard to Get

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
When I was doing most of my day to day work on IC2 machines, copper was often a sticking point. After seeing a lot of mod spotlights on Thermal Expansion, I started a new SSP and told myself that I had to use as few IC2 machines as possible. This forced me to start branching out into Thermal Expansion (and Forestry as a result).

No, I'm not actually derailing here.. there is a point, heh. Once I started working with Thermal Expansion (and BC power systems) more.. I pretty much stopped needing so much copper. (shrug) So I have tons sitting around much that I do not need.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
get a industrial centrifuge and run some lava into it.... the most OP thing I have come across. Macerate the electrum ignots that come as a by product, get the gold, transmute that into diamonds..... never mine again. Screw old school power flowers, I have my own new power flower all thanks to GregTech.... and someone was saying it balances stuff pshhhhh.
lol Solar> electric engine> pump> tesseract> cent

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I mean costing flux as in it indeed generates flux. Is there a recipie that makes it so it doesn't generate any flux at all?

All vis usage causes flux (when one node sends vis to anouther if i recall right). You can use the correct ratio of symbols and the contianer thingys to make sure no left over symbols go in.
The remaining flux can be mitaged with pure node, pure bees, crystal capacitors (charge it up quickly, thus it doesn't get the aura from other nodes, thus no flux generated) and Wisp traps (build a cage armound the node to allow wisps to spawn but not escape)
Between all those methods you can do Thaumcraft consequence free.

Mellon peices + Iorn nuggets in the correct ratios will produce no symbol based flux early on.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
When I was doing most of my day to day work on IC2 machines, copper was often a sticking point. After seeing a lot of mod spotlights on Thermal Expansion, I started a new SSP and told myself that I had to use as few IC2 machines as possible. This forced me to start branching out into Thermal Expansion (and Forestry as a result).

No, I'm not actually derailing here.. there is a point, heh. Once I started working with Thermal Expansion (and BC power systems) more.. I pretty much stopped needing so much copper. (shrug) So I have tons sitting around much that I do not need.
Why do you have mod names in bold? I find it distracting and makes it hard for me to read your sentences in their entirety without skipping back and forth.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
The server owner doesn't like it when we put pumps down in the nether. Something about all the flowing blocks causing lag.

So, igneous extruder directly feeding cobble to a magma crucible, which directly feeds lava to a centrifuge. No waterproof pipes or liquiducts and it is wickedly compact. Turn off GregTech animations if you get a FPS drop just from the centrifuge.

Suck out the products with basic Buildcraft pipes and put them in a very big chest. Leave it chunkloaded overnight. Day in, day out, it will sit there making stuff for you.

My sticking point is chrome. You can make rubies from UUm but I'd rather not, so it looks like I need to actually mine things.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I found it better to go spelunking for copper in high y level caves. I try to find a mountainous area with natural caves, and go mining. When I hit y level 35, I try to find a way back up and generally like to stay above y level 45. no problems with copper doing this. a pick axe of the core is awesome for this, as you can find metals hidden a fair way behind rock.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
The server owner doesn't like it when we put pumps down in the nether. Something about all the flowing blocks causing lag.

So, igneous extruder directly feeding cobble to a magma crucible, which directly feeds lava to a centrifuge. No waterproof pipes or liquiducts and it is wickedly compact. Turn off GregTech animations if you get a FPS drop just from the centrifuge.

Suck out the products with basic Buildcraft pipes and put them in a very big chest. Leave it chunkloaded overnight. Day in, day out, it will sit there making stuff for you.

My sticking point is chrome. You can make rubies from UUm but I'd rather not, so it looks like I need to actually mine things.
You know you can get ruby dust from centrifuging redstone? [edit] Which reminds me, I have some to take out of the centrifuge...

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
You learn something new every day. Well, now I need a witch shard and a dozen centrifuges.

You get redstone by centrifuging netherrack dust, so if you're allowed to quarry the Nether you could do this (or just run around with a bunch of picks/a drill and an ender pouch for a while).

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing flat land. And although copper is "sparse" I quite often find veins of like 6-9 ores every 50 blocks or so between levels 50--24

Stick the 6-9 in a pulveriser and get double powders and I'm happy as larry