cool first age in mystcraft :)

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
so i wanted to build a quarry but i just can't mess up my over world so i started mystraft and build my first random page and was just hoping for not a void world haha but i stumbled upon this world with floating nether quartz and i havent even gone to the nether but it looks like ill have plenty of that haha :)

[DOUBLEPOST=1399228592][/DOUBLEPOST]omg it just exploded WHAT

Reactions: Pyure and netmc

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
yeah that happens when you find age with ores flying around.. :p
its called instability.

btw why you dont remove one of maps ?or just hide one?
No it is not instability. It is the default setting of Netherore mod. When mining any nether ore(be it iron, nether quartz or whatever) it 1: alerts all zombie pigmen in range and sets them to hostile and 2: have a random chance of making surrounding ores start a count down until it explodes. This also mean that those large balls are extremely hard to mine since there are LOTS of surrounding ores that have a chance to explode and each explosion will set off new explosions etc. until there is almost nothing left :p It is quite spectacular to watch :p

Both the explosion and the aggro can be disabled in the nether ore mods config.

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
When using most silk touch tools, just remember the silk touch affect only effects the first block touched. Flux Tools and BM tools both do this. Have been caught out before.