Confused with gates.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shurr

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have made a 36HP boiler, and am powering it with fuel. ive got storage tanks for the fuel and all the wiring(almost set up) for it to automated. My problem is i want the refinery to turn on when the tanks need to be replinshed, and turn off when they are full, automatically.

SB=steam boiler
ST=steam turbine
MFSU=..mfsu =p
EE=electrical engine

So im set up like this:

SB
|
ST
|
MFSU
|
EE EE EE
| | |
| | |
Refinery

With obviously the fuel from the refinery powering the SB

How can I set up a gate, so that the electrical engines only turn on when the refinery needs power? so they dont back up and explode?

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm ... Well, if MFSU is full we can assume the refineries aren't accepting power and processing. So would setting the MFSU to output redstone signal when "emit redstone signal if not fully charged" and running redstone wire to your engines do the trick?

Harish

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have made a 36HP boiler, and am powering it with fuel. ive got storage tanks for the fuel and all the wiring(almost set up) for it to automated. My problem is i want the refinery to turn on when the tanks need to be replinshed, and turn off when they are full, automatically.

SB=steam boiler
ST=steam turbine
MFSU=..mfsu =p
EE=electrical engine

So im set up like this:

SB
|
ST
|
MFSU
|
EE EE EE
| | |
| | |
Refinery

With obviously the fuel from the refinery powering the SB

How can I set up a gate, so that the electrical engines only turn on when the refinery needs power? so they dont back up and explode?
You can put a gate on the tank saying "If can store liquid, Redstone Signal" then wire that signal to the engines which will only turn on when receiving a redstone signal. So the fuel will only be produce if theres room. You feel me?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking a "work scheduled" conditional, but Harish's response is nice. Fuzzle, Electrical Engines draw power from the MFSU's even if there's nowhere for it to go.​

Harish

Jul 29, 2019
Like the tanks full it Refined Fuel from the refinery right? and you want to only produce refined fuel when theres room?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on the kind of Tank. I think if you put it on a valid I/O face of most kinds of tanks, it should be able to interact with the Tank.

Harish

Jul 29, 2019
im using bc pipes
Put a Gate on the pipe nearest to the tank valve. and set it to what i had said[DOUBLEPOST=1364581424][/DOUBLEPOST]by either sneaking right click or just right click on the pipe with the gate.

Shurr

Jul 29, 2019
ok so atm i have it like this as a 'loop'

EE>gold conductive pipe>refinery>wooden waterproof pipe>tanks>waterproofpipe>steamboiler>steamturbine>MFSU>EE

so put it on the woodenwaterproofpipe between refinery and tanks?

Harish

Jul 29, 2019
yes, on the water proof pipe beside the tank valve.[DOUBLEPOST=1364581802][/DOUBLEPOST]can you get an image?