Configuring Gregtech for Noninterference

Matakor

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome. Also, any chance on figuring out whether or not there's a fix for the carbon fibre recipe? Currently it uses coal dust through the wiremill (thanks Greg), and that's the only known usable recipe (that I know of).

EDIT: Tried looking through the configs myself and found nothing for carbon fibre or turning off the need for the wiremill... dunno if I'm blind or it's just non-existent at the moment.

Last edited:

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
If there were a config for it, I'd guess Harder Recipes, but I scour that one pretty well.

NEI's latest version has been finicky about some recipes (One of the Transformer recipes looks like it's just a single cable in the crafting table, but the recipe is the same as it always was). Did you try using carbon cells (8 or 9) in a GT crafting table? That definitely worked a few GT versions ago, and using a GT crafting table, the cells are preserved.

Edit: It doesn't work now. Assembling Machine it is.

Last edited:

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh. I haven't looked at the requirements for the assembling machine (stainless steel, etc), but that prob killed early nano-suits. The IC2 add-on with the advanced nano-suit with integrated jetpack is an early favorite.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh. I haven't looked at the requirements for the assembling machine (stainless steel, etc), but that prob killed early nano-suits. The IC2 add-on with the advanced nano-suit with integrated jetpack is an early favorite.
The Assembling Machine isn't that difficult; the tech gate for it is just steel. It's also not a bad machine: It cuts your materials consumed making circuits and advanced circuits roughly in half. If used to pre-craft torches for a later expedition, it gives you a 50% bonus. If you use it to make Steel/Titanium/etc. Machine Blocks for other GT machines, you can save 25% of the metal cost (by substituting in 1/4 iron plate and 1/4 of a circuit).

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
It just seems to take way too long. Maybe I'll pop a few OCers on it.
One OCer in the Assembly Machine is good, but remember you quadruple power consumption each OC upgrade.

Best bet, really, is to have multiple machines and make it work though a half-stack of each of the component materials, then push the output into the second one to finish the circuit. That will halve your time but only double your energy consumption, instead of halving and quadrupling, the way OCers do.

Precraft things you *know* you're going to need more of. As you progress through your tech tree, consider tiering your on-hand stock of machine blocks and circuits: Start with 8 circuits on hand at all times, then work up to at least 64 by end-game.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered TPPI. It's a private pack on the launcher (talked about on Reddit). It's code is MegaSharkPunch.

The reason I bring it up here is that it contains a custom mod called TPPITweaks. This mod adjusts some of the Gregtech things that do not have config options, and thus are not covered in my config.

If you're interested in experimentally adding a mod, I recommend checking it out, as I'm sure it will function on packs besides TPPI. You'll need to review its config to be sure it isn't tweaking things you prefer as-is, though; it covers many mods beyond GT.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered TPPI. It's a private pack on the launcher (talked about on Reddit). It's code is MegaSharkPunch.

The reason I bring it up here is that it contains a custom mod called TPPITweaks. This mod adjusts some of the Gregtech things that do not have config options, and thus are not covered in my config.

If you're interested in experimentally adding a mod, I recommend checking it out, as I'm sure it will function on packs besides TPPI. You'll need to review its config to be sure it isn't tweaking things you prefer as-is, though; it covers many mods beyond GT.

what sort of options does it tweak?

Reactions: trajano080

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019

I recently discovered TPPI too (yesterday, I think, maybe the day before that) and I didn't know that TPPI tweaks affected GT. Thanks for mentioning it! I just checked it out. Sadly, it doesn't add an option for diamond drill made of titanium, but it's still good. Also, do you know if GT makes it so that you can't get paper from wood chips? If so, where's the config?

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I recently discovered TPPI too (yesterday, I think, maybe the day before that) and I didn't know that TPPI tweaks affected GT. Thanks for mentioning it! I just checked it out. Sadly, it doesn't add an option for diamond drill made of titanium, but it's still good. Also, do you know if GT makes it so that you can't get paper from wood chips? If so, where's the config?
I suspect the TPPI folks will get to it in a few releases, as soon as a reddit'er gets that high in the tech.

I doubt GT disables the woodchips recipe (as I never saw it mentioned in the thread) but it's possible. I was under the impression that was a Thermal Expansion recipe.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect the TPPI folks will get to it in a few releases, as soon as a reddit'er gets that high in the tech.

I doubt GT disables the woodchips recipe (as I never saw it mentioned in the thread) but it's possible. I was under the impression that was a Thermal Expansion recipe.
Checked the TE config (not the other Cofh ones) and I found nothing.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
what sort of options does it tweak?
All this is configurable in the TPPITweaks.cfg:

There is no GT config for unnerfing paper, cooking resin in a smelter, and grinding lapis with a mortar. TPPITweaks fixes those things to IC2ish normalcy. It also restores a recipe to an older state where you got an iridium nugget and nickel from centrifuging platinum.

Unfortunately it allows Tinkers Construct Aluminum to work in GT applications (two very different tech levels required for aluminum between the two mods). That is configurable at least.

It also does something that looks like it's some level of conversion of charcoal into coal (if it turns out to be lossy, that's fine I suppose).

One key thing: GT in the TPPI pack is many versions behind. I don't know what level of compatibility it has with very recent GT.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019

There is no GT config for unnerfing paper, cooking resin in a smelter, grinding lapis with a mortar, restores a recipe to an older state where you got iridium and nickel from platinum. TPPITweaks fixes those things to IC2 normalcy.

Unfortunately it allows Tinkers Construct Aluminum to work in GT applications (two very different tech levels required for aluminum between the two mods). That is configurable at least.

It also does something that looks like it's some level of conversion of charcoal into coal (if it turns out to be lossy, that's fine I suppose).

One key thing: GT in the TPPI pack is many versions behind. I don't know what level of compatibility it has with very recent GT.
I think the GT config might have an option for paper. There was an option under "harderrecipes" in the dynamic config that was called platePaper, I'm not 100% sure that's what it does, but I think so.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019

There is no GT config for unnerfing paper, cooking resin in a smelter, and grinding lapis with a mortar. TPPITweaks fixes those things to IC2ish normalcy. It also restores a recipe to an older state where you got an iridium nugget and nickel from centrifuging platinum.

Does GregTech/TPPITweaks have config for lapatron crystals taking lapis?
Also, I tried TPPITweaks in my custom pack with the newest verison of GT and it works perfectly.

Last edited:

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find one. Really, though, it's only one additional step you already have the infrastructure for, since you've gotten as far as Lapotron Crystals. Consider it repaying the extra easy Mining Drill (and every other electric tool) that you get just for installing Gregtech and setting it to not require stainless.

Try crafting a Mining Drill in IC² Exp without GT installed and you'll see what I mean.

By Lapotron time in an easy-mode game, I'm usually adding recipes to AE autoprocessing and autocrafting, then not thinking about them again.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find one. Really, though, it's only one additional step you already have the infrastructure for, since you've gotten as far as Lapotron Crystals. Consider it repaying the extra easy Mining Drill (and every other electric tool) that you get just for installing Gregtech and setting it to not require stainless.

Try crafting a Mining Drill in IC² Exp without GT installed and you'll see what I mean.

By Lapotron time in an easy-mode game, I'm usually adding recipes to AE autoprocessing and autocrafting, then not thinking about them again.
Oh, I know what you mean my the mining drill :) , however, the mining drill in vanilla ic2 isn't that hard to make, it's just tedious. Also (sorry for asking so many questions), is there a config for the cells being made the way they used to?

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I know what you mean my the mining drill :) , however, the mining drill in vanilla ic2 isn't that hard to make, it's just tedious. Also (sorry for asking so many questions), is there a config for the cells being made the way they used to?
No, but if you're playing with only IC2 stuff, you're much better off using the Universal Fluid Cells. They are mostly crafted in the old way, but the only additional requirement for them is a pane of glass, and they do not get consumed when you use them to place fluids in containers the way wax capsules, tin cans, and old IC2 cells do.

Gregtech recipes require normal IC2 cells, but you don't lose them in GT crafting tables or GT machines.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
No, but if you're playing with only IC2 stuff, you're much better off using the Universal Fluid Cells. They are mostly crafted in the old way, but the only additional requirement for them is a pane of glass, and they do not get consumed when you use them to place fluids in containers the way wax capsules, tin cans, and old IC2 cells do.

Gregtech recipes require normal IC2 cells, but you don't lose them in GT crafting tables or GT machines.
Oh, ok

xaositech

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! Nice to read you. :)

I am especially interested in these options:
B:CraftingUnification=false
B:InventoryUnification=false
in GregTech.cfg

These are our settings right now, ahd there are lots of problems concerning other mods.
When items changed in player inventory, that caused a problem with other mods.
Right now Mekanism suffers - you cannot craft the circuits (named Control circuit) in the mod, you have to use electronic and advanced circuits from IC2/GregTech.
Applied Energistics Fluix dust has a problem, if you make dust from nether quartz in any other machine than IC2 macerator or Mekanism Crusher, it will become a nether quartz dust with another, unusable ID for fluix dust.
Also Minefactory Reloaded plastic sheets are complicated, and must be madee by two IC2/Greg machines.
Should I set B:CraftingUnification=true, as I think? Or can I de-activate these unintentional infringements into other mods in greg's multitude of configs?

I keep scanning the configs, till you answer, thanx in advance!
Mike

Last edited: