Configuring Gregtech for Noninterference

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
I was under the impression that just meant that things like rotten flesh couldn't go in the recycler. I saw you re-enabled basic cobble recycling. Why one and not the other?

Also, I saw you left Galena tools and armor recipe replacements. Any reason? Which mod adds Galena as a metal for tools and armor, anyway? It's only preprocessed use should be as a semiconductor.

You missed meat in storage block crafting and decrafting. I believe that's a MFR block.

I'm realizing that my previous exceptions, Chrome, Osmium, Platinum, and Tungstensteel, are not all GT exclusives.

Can anyone deny that Chrome and Tungstensteel are GT Exclusive? They'll remain the only ones on my exclusion for blocking/toolcrafting for now.
The easiest answer I can give for all of your questions comes down to my playstyle, since I only ever used to shove cobble in the recycler I didn't think the other one mattered.. Looking at the galena section however I can't tell you why those were missed, seems odd to me as I thought I went through it with the find-replace. Guess I just didn't notice since I'm using metallurgy for my armor and tools now. I don't see any galena tools or armor showing up in-game so I'm not sure, also a search for chrome and tungstensteel show up as Gregtech only stuff, osmium is from mekanism and platinum can be found with metallurgy.

I will add that since I was sure I missed stuff at the start I do go in and edit configs as I go and encounter certain things.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Great thread, @Physicist .

Is it just me or does GregTech have no config option to turn off machine sounds?

GregTech machines don't make sounds (at least I've never heard them make any sound). IC2 machines can have their sounds disabled in the IC2 config.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech machines don't make sounds (at least I've never heard them make any sound). IC2 machines can have their sounds disabled in the IC2 config.
Oh they do make sound. What you're looking for is the "Muffler cover". ;)

Muffler Cover is an item, not a config, btw

verid

Jul 29, 2019
Oh they do make sound. What you're looking for is the "Muffler cover". ;)

Thanks @loboca and yes, some GT machines most definitely do make sound (e.g. automatic extractor).

EDIT: Should also add that I've experienced FPS drops from machines making sounds from pretty much any mod and GT is no exception.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks @loboca and yes, some GT machines most definitely do make sound (e.g. automatic extractor).

EDIT: Should also add that I've experienced FPS drops from machines making sounds from pretty much any mod and GT is no exception.

Sound is definitely an FPS killer, I don't know what's wrong with the Minecraft sound engine but whoever coded or worked on it should be shot:)

Reactions: Padfoote

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
Just read your thread and an idea like this has been wondering around my head for a few days now. Except it was to make everything else a little, as I perceive, harder. I will ask though if your using MineTweaks with your configs ?

SkyBoy96

Jul 29, 2019
Sound is definitely an FPS killer, I don't know what's wrong with the Minecraft sound engine but whoever coded or worked on it should be shot:)
That's a little extreme, don't you think? I mean, the original sound engine was made like 2-3 years ago, by one guy, who made the game as more of a hobby. Heck, animal breeding wasn't even in the game at that point. It worked perfectly for what it needed to do when it was made, but like all systems, it's starting to have difficulties. It just wasn't built to handle 400 cows mooing at once during a rain storm. Quite frankly, it wasn't even built to handle the rain storm. I'm impressed it's worked so well up to this point.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, don't tell me that every single block that gets rained on tries to make a sound... that would be...

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much! You have saved me from the tedium of configuring the gregtech configs for when I and my friends switch to a pack with Gregtech in it.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not currently using Minetweaker to put GT into Non-interference mode. If there are any big things I'd consider it.

loboca, GT machines catch fire and explode if rain touches any unprotected face. Is that enough noise for you?[DOUBLEPOST=1389383678][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you so much! You have saved me from the tedium of configuring the gregtech configs for when I and my friends switch to a pack with Gregtech in it.

You're welcome.

SkyBoy96

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, don't tell me that every single block that gets rained on tries to make a sound... that would be...
Not quite. There's a random element that determines what blocks get to make the rain sound. t yes, it adds up. I believe it uses the grass spread/crop watering mechanic, but much higher odds for making the sound.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Reverted "B:automaticmachines_true=true" to default. The automatic machines are uncraftable without it, and they certainly have their uses.

They are shapelessly craftable into Vanilla IC2 machines and back again.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
loboca, GT machines catch fire and explode if rain touches any unprotected face. Is that enough noise for you?
There's a difference between one or two loud noises, and every block within 30 blocks generating a sound event in the sound engine. Laaaaaaaaag

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I'm continuing to run this on FTB Lite 2 + BC, RC, Forestry, IC2.

Minor things: IC2 rubber cannot be acquired without a steam powered extractor, without the use of other mods. MFR rubber bridges that tech gap. Diamond Drill requires titanium.

Otherwise, most things are good.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Nice, I may have to give this a try as I am playing Bevo's Tech pack and let me say this...wow.... how grindy does greg need to make progression? LOL

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to post a version for the latest (GT 4.08l) in just a few minutes. Cleaning up the last few bits now from freshly generated configs.