Configs... Making additions.

Would You like to see something like this be made?

• Total voters

DiegoAtravesar

Jul 29, 2019
Hey There,

I have a question, and it partially depends on what the FTB crew think, and partially what the FTB community think as well, so Hopefully You guys can help me out a bit here. :)

I know that some people like to use alot of mods, and I know I'm one of those people.
I also know how frustrating it can get to want to add a bunch of other mods into minecraft, and to have to sort out the config files.

I've been(prior to FTB being released) working on a "Universal Config Pack", in which all the mods(all the FTB mods actually, minus 2 or 3) are configured to easily allow expansion (addons and new mods) into the ID list.

Now, Obviously My setup isn't compatible with the FTB pack, since I enjoy doing Config packs, I was wondering if Anyone here would be interested (or have an issue with) me putting out a pack of config for mods that AREN'T in the FTB pack, that will allow them to be compatible with the FTB pack. I figured I'd ask, as It's something I'd like to do (and likely will), but I wanted to see if anyone would take interest in this as well, or if I would run into an issue with the FTB Devs in putting something like that up on the FTB forums.

Hope You guys like the idea, If You want to see it happen, just post and say so. :)

Reactions: Dravarden

DiegoAtravesar

Jul 29, 2019
I've got most of the FTB configs sorted out, I'm going to start adding a few things in shortly, but I was wondering: Does anyone know what ID's the FTB crew are planning on using for mods like RP2, TC3, EE3 etc? basically, I want to know what ID's are going to be used for any new mods, if anyone knows, so that the things I add in don't break when the pack updates officially.(I know it's still a beta version of the pack, but I'd like to be prepared).

DiegoAtravesar

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB configs have been consolidated successfully. Get the spreadsheet here
IE: I've taken all the configs from FTB and put them into one nice looking spreadsheet. It ALSO contains the Configs from the Universal Config mentioned above in the OP.
I put it in the same spreadsheet simply because it seemed simpler to do so at the time.

I'll start working on adding mods to the configs soon, any suggestions will be taken as priority, as long as they're both compatible and add useful content to the game. :)

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Diego! I remember you from Nearby Nation a few months back, hope you're well. I think this is a great idea, even some people like myself who are capable of doing this stuff (at a snails pace mind you) will appreciate this as it does eat up a lot of time. Thanks for putting the spreadsheet together, I've hardly put any time towards configuring FTB 'cos this lovely community has done all the tedious bits for everyone. :)

DiegoAtravesar

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! Yeah, I've been doing pretty good. It's no problem at all. :)
I have found a few odd things that seem to be slightly messed up config wise, but since it's FTB all I can really do is mention it on the forums elsewhere and hope someone sees it and makes a change, since anything I do is likely going to be different from what the FTB guys would want it to be.

I'll probably start working on new mods to add in soon, probably starting with Logistics Pipes, and a few other Techy Addons and such. I'm going to try and get in touch with someone who might be able to inform me of any ID's they have planned, so I don't accidentally break compatibility for anyone. That's the main concern with adding configs to FTB is being sure The ID`s I use aren't going to be needed somewhere down the road.

Good to Hear from You. :)

DiegoAtravesar

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Everyone;

Just wanted to update this thread with the final outcome of the idea.

I've spoken with IBurn, and briefly discussed FTb configs and such. Basically, I won't be putting together a config pack, as it shouldn't be neccessary, based on their current plans for the future.

I'm still willing to put together something like this, or even put together small config packs for FTB for small groups of mods for individual users if You want to add certain things to the pack that aren't included, All You need to do is let me know, whether in this thread, or via PM, either method is fine. (Just be warned, Any configs i provide are NOT guaranteed to be compatible with future versions of FTB, no matter how hard I try.)

Thanks for Your time, and I hope to hear from some of in the future, perhaps on an FTB server somewhere. :)